2011 – 2012 Big East Conference Video Preview
As referenced in last year’s pre-season preview, this always-powerful basketball conference has come a long way toward establishing a football pedigree since it rejected Penn State’s application for admittance in 1985.
Under its current alignment, which has been in place for six seasons, the BIG EAST is a combined 186-79 SU in non-conference games (.721). That stands as the best six-year non-league record in the history of the conference and second among FBS conferences, only behind the SEC. FYI: inside the aforementioned straight up record is a sterling 21-6 ATS mark in these games when playing off back-to-back losses.
Two new coaches with sterling Division 1 records join the conference for 2011, namely Todd Graham (Pittsburgh) and Paul Pasqualoni (Connecticut). Graham led Tulsa to a 36-17 mark in his four years with the Hurricane while Pasqualoni, who went 62-33 in BIG EAST games at Syracuse from 1991-2004, has more BIG EAST wins than any coach in the conference.
In addition, the top six quarterbacks in terms of passing yards per game last year are back in 2011, including Zach Collaros (Cincinnati), Geno Smith (WVU), Tino Sunseri (Pitt), Ryan Nassib (Syracuse), Chas Dodd (Rutgers) and B. J. Daniels (USF).
Latest posts by Cole Ryan (see all)
- NBA Playoff Betting Preview: LA Clippers vs Golden State Warriors - April 24, 2014
- NBA Playoffs Pick: Indiana Pacers vs. Atlanta Hawks Game 3 - April 24, 2014
- College Football Playoff Futures - April 24, 2014
- NHL Pick: Detroit Red Wings vs Boston Bruins - April 24, 2014
- NHL Puck-Line Power Poll as of 4/23/14 - April 23, 2014