2011 – 2012 Big Ten Conference Video Preview
The Big Ten will be looking to bounce back from an abysmal bowl season, picking up just three victories courtesy of The Ohio State Buckeyes, Iowa Hawkeyes and Illinois Fighting Illini. The league also suffered two devastating defeats courtesy of the SEC in bowl games, Michigan lost 52-14 to Mississippi State and Michigan State was blown out 49-7 to Alabama.
This year however will be one of the most anticipated seasons in Big Ten history. The conference brings along some new faces to the league this season, Brady Hoke becomes the new headman at Michigan, Bo Pelini brings in the Nebraska Cornhuskers and also the prestigious conference will hold its first championship game December 3, 2011, at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. Another interesting factor this fall is the introduction of sub-divisions in conference play.
In September, the conference announced its two divisions: Legends and Leaders. The Legends division is composed of Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska and Northwestern. The Leaders will consist of Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue and Wisconsin.
Latest posts by Cole Ryan (see all)
- College Basketball Betting: Memphis vs Cincinnati - March 6, 2014
- Free NBA Pick: Clippers @ Lakers - March 6, 2014
- NBA Betting: San Antonio Spurs vs Miami Heat - March 6, 2014
- College Basketball Pick: Iowa vs. Michigan State - March 6, 2014
- How to Bet on the NCAA Tournament: Avoid Slumping Teams - March 6, 2014