2011 – 2012 Atlantic Coast Conference Video Preview
After leading the nation the previous four years with the most players selected in the first-round of the NFL Draft (30), the ACC lost a momentary grip on the position when only three players were chosen on Day One of the draft this season. Included was Florida State’s Christian Ponder, who became the first ACC quarterback to go in the opening round since Matt Ryan in 2008.
The floodgates opened on Day Two, however, as the loop witnessed a whopping 13 picks go in the 2nd-round when 15 of the top 60 players in this year’s draft came out of the ACC.
Looking back, in its six years as a 12-member league, the ACC has sent 50 teams to a bowl game, topped only by the SEC (51) in that span.
The kingpin of the conference, Virginia Tech, is the only team in the nation with 10-plus wins each of the last seven seasons. Not to mention Georgia Tech led the nation in rushing offense and Boston College topped the land in rushing defense last season.
Latest posts by Cole Ryan (see all)
- BetOnline: Play Dominos online for free or for Money - May 22, 2013
- TopBet Stanley Cup Free Bet - May 22, 2013
- NBA Playoff Odds – Underdog Grizzlies See Opportunity in Game 1 at San Antonio - May 19, 2013
- Sportsbook.ag 100% match bet promo for the Preakness - May 17, 2013
- Bookmaker Casino – 100% Slots Bonus - May 16, 2013