2011 – 2012 Atlantic Coast Conference Video Preview
After leading the nation the previous four years with the most players selected in the first-round of the NFL Draft (30), the ACC lost a momentary grip on the position when only three players were chosen on Day One of the draft this season. Included was Florida State’s Christian Ponder, who became the first ACC quarterback to go in the opening round since Matt Ryan in 2008.
The floodgates opened on Day Two, however, as the loop witnessed a whopping 13 picks go in the 2nd-round when 15 of the top 60 players in this year’s draft came out of the ACC.
Looking back, in its six years as a 12-member league, the ACC has sent 50 teams to a bowl game, topped only by the SEC (51) in that span.
The kingpin of the conference, Virginia Tech, is the only team in the nation with 10-plus wins each of the last seven seasons. Not to mention Georgia Tech led the nation in rushing offense and Boston College topped the land in rushing defense last season.
Latest posts by Cole Ryan (see all)
- BetOnline Offers a $25 Risk Free Bet on the MLB When you Bet Live - June 19, 2013
- Bellator 96: Lawal vs. Petruzelli Pick and Preview - June 18, 2013
- Bellator 96: Sobral vs. Noe Pick and Preview - June 18, 2013
- Worst Money Pitchers in Baseball (Updated 6/18/13) - June 18, 2013
- MLB Pick: LA Dodgers at NY Yankees - June 18, 2013