2012 US Open Golf Preview
The U.S. Open returns to a renovated Lake Course at Olympic Club in Northern California, a course that should play similarly to TPC Southwind in Memphis, host of last week’s St. Jude Classic. This is a long Par 70 with tiny greens, so precision will be key once again. Here’s a look at the best bets for the second major of the year…
Lee Westwood (12/1): Westwood has been in the hunt on some of the Tour’s biggest weeks, posting top-3’s in six of his past 10 majors. He ran away with the Nordea Masters in Sweden last week, and he leads the PGA Tour in Greens in Regulation (73.84%), a key at Olympic Club.
Dustin Johnson (25/1): Johnson won at Southwind last week, and Olympic looks like an awfully similar track. Injuries seem to no longer be an issue, as Johnson has gone top-10 in four of his six starts in 2012.
Luke Donald (12/1): Three weeks ago Donald defended his title at the BMW PGA Championship in England, and he’s been typically solid in the U.S. this year (top-6 finishes in four of seven PGA Tour starts).
Tiger Woods (6/1): Woods recaptured some of that old magic in his comeback win at the Memorial, but it’s too soon to proclaim that he’s back.
Jason Dufner (25/1): The FedEx Cup points leader rides momentum into San Francisco, as Dufner has three top-2’s and two wins in his past four starts. He’s top-10 on the Tour in Greens In Regulation (69.44%) and bogey avoidance (14.11%).
Latest posts by Cole Ryan (see all)
- NHL Playoffs Pick: Los Angeles Kings vs San Jose Sharks - April 17, 2014
- MLB Betting: St Louis Cardinals vs Washington Nationals - April 17, 2014
- 2014 College Football Dark Horses: 3 Teams That Will Crash the Polls This Season - April 17, 2014
- MLB Picks of the Day: April 16th - April 16, 2014
- NBA Betting: LA Clippers vs Portland Trail Blazers - April 16, 2014