Pacers return to South Beach to tangle with the Heat in Game 5
Date/Time: May 22, 7:00 PM EST
NBA Betting Odds from Vietbet
ATS: Heat -6.5
NBA Betting Game Trends
- Indiana is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Indiana’s last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Indiana’s last 6 games on the road
- Indiana is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Indiana’s last 7 games when playing Miami
- Miami is 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Miami’s last 15 games
- Miami is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games
- Miami is 7-2-1 ATS in its last 10 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Miami’s last 10 games at home
The best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinals matchup between the Indiana Pacers and the Miami Heat returns to the American Airlines Arena this Tuesday night with the series tied at two games apiece. Tip-off for Game 5 is set for 7 p.m. (ET) and it will be broadcast nationally on TNT.
Indiana was able to briefly seize control of this series with an impressive 94-75 victory in Game 3 as a two-point home underdog, but gave it right back on Sunday in a 101-93 loss as, once again, a two-point underdog at home. The total went ‘over’ the 179-point line, but it had stayed ‘under’ in the first three games.
In order have any chance to win Tuesday night’s game on the road, the Pacers will need to return to the balanced team approach that propelled them to victories in Game’s 2 and 3. Danny Granger has led the way this postseason with an average of 18 points a game and Roy Hibbert has been a beast underneath with 11.4 rebounds, but the Pacers have also received a strong effort from David West and George Hill, who are combining for an average of 28.7 points a game this postseason.
The first serious blow to Miami’s chances in this series was the loss of Chris Bosh with an abdominal injury. Next it was revealed that Dwyane Wade has been playing on a bad knee. After last Thursday’s 19-point loss in Game 3, more than a few people were ready to jump ship on this team.
LeBron James showed why he is the league’s MVP with 40 points. 18 rebounds, and nine assists in Sunday’s win and Wade was able to put all his troubles aside to post 30 points, nine rebounds, and six assists. It is going to take that kind of effort for at least two more games starting on Tuesday night, to keep the dream of a NBA title alive.
The Pacers are just 4-10-1 against the spread in their last 15 conference semifinal games, but 4-1 ATS in their last five games as underdogs. The total has stayed ‘under’ in six of their last eight games in the playoffs as underdogs.
The Heat are 13-5 in their last 18 playoff games as favorites and 5-1 ATS in their last six games as favorites at home. The total has stayed ‘under’ in 24 of their last 31 home games.
Head-to-head, Indiana is 4-2 ATS in the last six meetings with the total staying ‘under’ in five of the last seven games. The Pacers have yet to be favored in this series, but the underdog is 26-11-1 ATS in the last 38 meetings overall.
James and Wade both fully realize that they cannot afford another poor outing in this series, especially at home. Look for them to play an up-tempo game that eventually wears the Pacers down. Miami 98 Indiana 88
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Game 1 Free NBA Pick - May 21, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 20, 2013
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detroit Red Wings Game 3 Odds - May 20, 2013
- 2013 – 2104 BCS Title Odds against the Field - May 18, 2013
- 2013 NFL Rookie of the Year Futures Odds - May 17, 2013