Detroit Tigers @ Boston Red Sox Free MLB Pick
Starting Pitchers: Detroit Tigers (Verlander) vs. Boston Red Sox (Bard)
Date/Time: May 29th, 7:10 PM EST
MLB Odds from Bookmaker
Moneyline: Tigers (-150) Red Sox (+140)
MLB Betting Game Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Detroit’s last 11 games
- Detroit is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games when playing Boston
- Detroit is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Boston
- Detroit is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Boston
Boston Red Sox
- Boston is 12-5 SU in its last 17 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston’s last 6 games at home
- Boston is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games at home
- Boston is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games when playing Detroit
- Boston is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Detroit
- Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Detroit
One of the best pitchers in baseball is going to be on the mound on Tuesday night for MLB betting action at Fenway Park, where Justin Verlander and the Detroit Tigers are going to look to make short work of the Boston Red Sox.
The Tigers still haven’t made it back to .500 this year, and they are one of the worst money teams in the game right now at -$1,139 because of it. They just aren’t hitting the ball as well as they figured that they would this year, and the truth of the matter is that Verlander hasn’t pitched as well as he did last year either. Oh sure, there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed about when you’re talking about a guy that is 5-2 with a 2.15 ERA and a 0.81 WHIP with a 75/15 K/BB ratio this early in the season for sure. It just isn’t quite what we have grown to expect out of Verlander. The Tigers are just 6-4 in his 10 starts, and at the prices that we are talking about, that just doesn’t seem to be justified to back him. That being said, we know what we are getting out of this righty. He’s just dominating. Verlander already has three complete games this year, and he has dominating numbers against the Red Sox in his career as well. Boston has struggled against Verlander, who has a 2.78 ERA and a 0.99 WHIP in eight career starts against him.
Meanwhile, Red Sox Nation is going to be trying to get above .500 for the first time this year, nearly 50 games into the season. With all of the injuries that have mounted on this team though, including the fact that Dustin Pedroia isn’t like to play tonight, it’s just hard to see the Sox winning all that consistently. There are seven outfielders on the DL right now, and the team is having all sorts of problems just fielding three guys out there. That probably means bad news for Daniel Bard, who is going to be on the mound on Tuesday night. Bard had the stuff to be a dominating closer in this league for quite some time, but Manager Bobby Valentine has elected to use him as a starter. Unfortunately for Bobby V, the move really hasn’t worked out that well. Bard has a 4.69 ERA and is just 4-5 to show for his work thus far on the campaign, and for a man that historically had pinpoint control and struck out a ton of batters, Bard has just 29 walks against 28 strikeouts in 48.0 innings of work this year.
In the end, there just isn’t enough oomph there for us to want to back the Red Sox. Are they ultimately going to get above .500 at some point this year? Of course. But now isn’t the time. Verlander will improve to 6-2 on the season with another dominating performance at Fenway Park.
Detroit Tigers @ Boston Red Sox Pick: Detroit Tigers (-150)
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Kings vs. Sharks Game 4 Picks - May 21, 2013
- Nationals vs. Giants Picks 5/21/13 - May 21, 2013
- Yankees vs. Orioles Pick 5/20/13 - May 20, 2013
- Blackhawks vs. Red Wings Game 3 Pick - May 20, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 1 Pick - May 19, 2013