MLB Network Saturday Night Baseball Pick: Texas @ Los Angeles
Starting Pitchers: Texas Rangers (Darvish) vs. Los Angeles Angels (Wilson)
Date/Time: June 2nd, 10:05 PM EST
Television: MLB Network
MLB Betting Odds from Bookmaker
Moneyline: Rangers (-120) Angels (+110)
MLB Betting Game Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Texas’s last 8 games
- Texas is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Texas is 6-2 SU in their last 8 games when playing LA Angels
- Texas is 6-2 SU in their last 8 games when playing on the road against LA Angels
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Texas’s last 6 games when playing on the road against LA Angels
Los Angeles Angels
- LA Angels are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of LA Angels’s last 13 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of LA Angels’s last 20 games at home
- LA Angels are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games at home
- LA Angels are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games when playing Texas
AL West rivals collide with two big time pitchers on the mound on Saturday night in MLB betting action, when the Los Angeles Angels play host to the Texas Rangers in a continuation in this big time series.
The Rangers have come back to earth just a bit, but they are still easily in the lead in the AL West at this point. They are going to be the team to beat in this division all season long, but they know that they are going to have to watch their backs against the Halos as well. It was only a few weeks ago that Yu Darvish was on the mound against the Angels, and it certainly wasn’t one of the better starts of his short career. He did get the win thanks to 3.2 scoreless innings out of his bullpen, but Darvish allowed three runs in just 5.1 innings of work. Darvish is 7-2 now, and he has a 3.25 ERA for the season. The Japanese star has walked far too many batters right now with 35, but he is offsetting that with 66 strikeouts in just 61.0 innings of work. Still, the righty is starting to show some cracks, and now might be the time for him to get beaten in a bad way.
In that game that Darvish went against the Angels, former Ranger, CJ Wilson was on the mound as well. If you thought that Darvish did poorly, you haven’t seen Wilson’s stats from that game. Wilson allowed four runs in just a third of an inning. Needless to say, it wasn’t the start that Wilson wanted to have. He actually started the very next night and allowed a pair of runs in 5.2 innings of work. Wilson is 6-4 with a 2.77 ERA this year though, and he has a 59/29 K/BB ratio in 65 innings. Needless to say, those numbers are a heck of a lot better, and if you take away the starts that Wilson had against the Rangers this year, he has only allowed three homers in nine outings. These numbers are all a heck of a lot better than he was with Texas, and if that turns out to be the case for the whole year, this could be quite a dangerous man to turn the ball over to on a regular basis for a team that is starting to heat up.
We have said this before, and we will say it again. The Yu Darvish factor just doesn’t do it for us. We think that he is an overrated pitcher that is just getting the job done now because he is throwing a ton of different pitches. Eventually, hitters are going to catch up to him, and that’s exactly what we are seeing. We think that Wilson is going to be able to rock against his former team and finally get an elusive win against the Rangers.
Texas Rangers @ Los Angeles Angels Pick: Los Angeles Angels (-115)
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 1 Pick - May 19, 2013
- Rangers vs. Bruins Game 2 Pick - May 18, 2013
- Rays vs. Orioles Picks 5/18/13 - May 18, 2013
- Red Wings vs. Blackhawks Game 2 Pick - May 18, 2013
- Royals vs. Athletics Pick 5/17/13 - May 17, 2013