New York Mets at New York Yankees Pick – Interleague 2012
Starting Pitchers: Mets (Johan Santana) vs. Yankees (Hiroki Kuroda)
Date/Time: June 8, 7:05 PM EST
Television: MLB Network
MLB Betting Odds from Bookmaker
Moneyline: Yankees (-129), Los Angeles (+124)
MLB Betting Game Trends
New York Mets
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of NY Mets’s last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 18 of NY Mets’s last 23 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of NY Mets’s last 9 games when playing NY Yankees
- NY Mets are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing NY Yankees
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 6 games when playing on the road against NY Yankees
New York Yankees
- NY Yankees are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of NY Yankees’s last 19 games at home
- NY Yankees are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of NY Yankees’s last 9 games when playing NY Mets
Fresh off pitching the first no-hitter in franchise history, Johan Santana (3-2, 2.38 ERA) will take the hill for the Mets. Fresh is the key word considering he will have two extra days of rest since pitching the gem exactly one week ago. He is 5-3 in 13 games against the Yankees during his career with a 4.18 ERA. But he has struggled at the new Yankee Stadium, giving up 13 runs in two losses covering nine innings.
Santana threw a career-high 134 pitches in the no-hitter, walking five and striking out eight St. Louis Cardinals in an 8-0 victory. He has pitched consecutive complete-game shutouts at home and will now have the challenge of pitching on the road, where the Mets have lost in his last two appearances. In fact, they are 1-3 in his four starts away from home as he has gone 0-1 with a 5.03 ERA.
The Yankees will counter with Hiroki Kuroda (4-6, 3.82), who is 3-2 at home with a 3.41 ERA in five starts. Kuroda has pitched at Yankee Stadium just once since May 11, going 1-2 during that stretch with one no-decision. He has been solid in his last two starts on the road though, allowing two runs and 11 hits in 15 innings with two walks and seven strikeouts.
Kuroda continues to be one of the biggest tough-luck pitchers in baseball, going 45-52 in 125 career starts despite owning a solid 3.48 lifetime ERA. However, his 3.82 ERA this season is the highest of his five years in the major leagues, with hitters batting a career-high .269 against him. His strikeout-to-walk ratio is also worse this year than ever before.
There has been a trend with totals following no-hitters since 1999 with the OVER cashing nearly 61 percent of the time (17-10-1). The OVER is also 7-3-1 in Santana’s 11 starts this season. The Yankees have hit .405 against Santana in his two starts at the new ballpark, so look for another high-scoring game here.
Free Baseball Pick: OVER 8.5
Latest posts by Vegas Matty (see all)
- Wichita State vs Ohio State NCAA Tournament Pick - March 29, 2013
- Arizona vs Ohio State March Madness Pick - March 27, 2013
- La Salle vs Wichita State Basketball Pick - March 27, 2013
- Mississippi Rebels vs La Salle Explorers NCAA Basketball Pick - March 23, 2013
- Iowa St vs Ohio St NCAA Tournament Pick - March 23, 2013