Atlanta Braves at NY Yankees Pick
Starting Pitchers: Starting Pitchers: Braves (Mike Minor) vs. Yankees (CC Sabathia)
Date/Time: June 18, 7:05 P.M. EST
MLB Odds from Bookmaker
Moneyline: Yankees (-193), Braves (+186)
MLB Betting Game Trends
- Atlanta is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Atlanta’s last 11 games on the road
- Atlanta is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Atlanta’s last 10 games when playing NY Yankees
New York Yankees
- NY Yankees are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 16 of NY Yankees’s last 22 games at home
- NY Yankees are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games at home
- NY Yankees are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing Atlanta
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of NY Yankees’s last 10 games when playing Atlanta
The New York Yankees are the hottest team in baseball and suddenly have the best record in the American League as well heading into a three-game interleague series with the Atlanta Braves on Monday. The Yankees (40-25) have won nine straight games and can win 10 in a row for the first time in seven years with a victory against the Braves (35-31) in the series opener.
Atlanta has already contributed to New York’s winning streak, getting swept in three games a week ago at home by a combined score of 12-6. The Braves have also dropped six of seven overall after losing two of three against the Baltimore Orioles over the weekend. They failed to score a run against Baltimore in the last two games of the series and will send southpaw Mike Minor (3-4, 6.01 ERA) to the hill in hopes of ending the skid.
Minor has been solid in his last two starts for Atlanta, giving up two runs and nine hits over 12.1 innings with six walks and eight strikeouts. He did not get a decision last week against the Yankees in an eventual 6-4 loss after working 7.1 innings, as reliever Jonny Venters proceeded to give up three runs without recording an out following his departure. Minor is 2-2 in seven road starts with a 6.58 ERA.
New York ace CC Sabathia (8-3, 3.70 ERA) opposed Minor on the mound last Tuesday and did not have one of his better outings yet still earned the victory. The hefty lefty surrendered a season-high 10 hits and four runs in seven innings with two walks and six strikeouts to improve to 2-1 lifetime against the Braves with a 3.80 ERA.
However, Sabathia has pitched much better at home this year even though his record does not really show it. He is 3-2 in five starts at Yankee Stadium with a 2.41 ERA and has struck out 10 or more in two of his past three outings there.
As a team, the Yankees have a 1.88 ERA during their winning streak with 81 strikeouts in 86 innings. The UNDER has cashed in seven of the last 10 meetings with Atlanta, and the Braves have also seen seven of their past nine overall dip below the number, including four straight. Runs will likely be at a premium again in this matchup despite the fact that the last meeting between these pitchers went OVER.
Free Baseball Pick: UNDER 9
Latest posts by Vegas Matty (see all)
- Wichita State vs Ohio State NCAA Tournament Pick - March 29, 2013
- Arizona vs Ohio State March Madness Pick - March 27, 2013
- La Salle vs Wichita State Basketball Pick - March 27, 2013
- Mississippi Rebels vs La Salle Explorers NCAA Basketball Pick - March 23, 2013
- Iowa St vs Ohio St NCAA Tournament Pick - March 23, 2013