Atlanta Braves vs New York Yankees Pick
Starting Pitchers: Starting Pitchers: Hanson (Atlanta) vs. Hughes (Yankees)
Date/Time: Wednesday, June 20 1:05 p.m. (ET)
Television: MLB Network
MLB Odds from VietBet
Moneyline: Moneyline: Atlanta +135 New York -150
MLB Betting Game Trends
- Atlanta is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Atlanta’s last 13 games on the road
- Atlanta is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 5 games when playing NY Yankees
New York Yankees
- NY Yankees are 10-1 SU in their last 11 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of NY Yankees’s last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games at home
- NY Yankees are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games when playing Atlanta
Atlanta and New York wrap-up a three-game set at Yankee Stadium
Last week, Atlanta hosted the Yankees in a three-game set and came away empty-handed all three times. That losing streak reached four games with a 6-2 loss in Game 1 of this series as a 189 road underdog. The Braves are now 1-7 in their last eight games heading into Tuesday night’s clash. They have fallen 4.5 games behind Washington in the NL East with an overall record of 35-32. Atlanta is 15-17 at home this season and 20-15 on the road. The total stayed ‘under’ the 8.5 line in Monday’s game and has now stayed ‘under’ in its last five outings.
Much of the Braves’ problem over the past two weeks has been their inability to put runs on the board. They are averaging 4.48 runs per game on the year but have managed a total of 16 runs in their last eight games. Atlanta will turn to Tommy Hanson as its starter in Wednesday’s series finale. The right-hander is 7-4 with a 3.32 ERA in 14 previous starts. He comes into this matchup in solid form, having given-up two or less earned runs in seven of his last eight starts.
Monday night’s victory pushed New York’s current winning streak to 10 with all the wins coming against teams from the NL East. The Yankees’ Interleague tear has them back on top in the AL East and 2.5 games ahead of Baltimore. They are now 41-25 overall and 20-12 at home. The total has stayed ‘under’ in six of their last nine games.
This 10-game winning streak has been a result of a total team effort in all phases of the game. New York has averaged 5.2 runs over the last 10 games while holding its opponents to a total of just 21 runs during the same span. The Yankees will send Phil Hughes to the mound as their starter. He has given-up a total of four earned runs in his past three starts while posting 25 strike outs. Overall, the right-hander is 7-5 with an ERA of 4.50 and a 1.34 WHIP in 13 outings this year.
The Yankees are clearly playing their best ball of the season while the Braves continue their backwards slide. New York has won four of its last five games with Hughes as its starter and there are no solid reasons to think that this trend will change on Wednesday night. New York 5 Atlanta 3
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Game 1 Free NBA Pick - May 21, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 20, 2013
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detroit Red Wings Game 3 Odds - May 20, 2013
- 2013 – 2104 BCS Title Odds against the Field - May 18, 2013
- 2013 NFL Rookie of the Year Futures Odds - May 17, 2013