Arizona Diamondbacks vs Atlanta Braves Pick
Starting Pitchers: Bauer (Arizona) vs. Jurrjens (Atlanta)
Date/Time: Thursday, June 28 7:10 p.m. (ET)
Television: MLB Network
MLB Odds from VietBet
Moneyline: Moneyline: Arizona +135 Atlanta -150
MLB Betting Game Trends
- Arizona is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona’s last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Arizona’s last 15 games on the road
- Arizona is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona’s last 6 games when playing Atlanta
- Atlanta is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 6 games at home
- Atlanta is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 6 games when playing Arizona
Bauer makes his MLB debut against the Braves at Turner Field
Arizona dropped the first game of this series 8-1 as a 123 road underdog with the total going ‘over’ the 7.5 line. This loss snapped a rare four-game winning streak and dropped the Diamondbacks to 37-36 overall and five games in back of the Dodgers in the AL West. They are 20-17 at home this season but now 17-19 on the road. The total has gone ‘over’ in four of their last six games.
Trevor Bauer was the third overall pick in the 2011 draft and this Thursday night he will make his MLB debut as Arizona’s starting pitcher. In 16 minor league starts this season, the right-hander has been extremely impressive with an 11-1 record and 2.23 ERA. He has posted 116 strike outs while walking 48 batters. The Diamondbacks should be able to provide some decent run support with a total of 52 runs in their last seven games.
Atlanta continues to stay right on Washington’s heels in the NL East Division race with an overall record of 39-34 that has it just 3.5 games back. The Braves have now won four of their last six but they are still under .500 at home at 16-17. The total has gone ‘over’ in four of their last five games.
Jair Jurrjens will be making his sixth start of the season after spending some time in Triple-A earlier this year. The right-hander is 1-2 with a 6.75 ERA in his previous five outings but coming off a quality start against the Boston Red Sox where he gave-up just one earned run on three hits in 7 2/3 innings. He is 2-1 with an ERA of 5.24 lifetime against Arizona.
Atlanta has now won seven of the last eight meetings heading into Tuesday night’s Game 2. It is a perfect 5-0 at home and the total has gone ‘over’ in seven of the last nine meetings at Turner Field. Look for the Braves to take full advantage of the rookie’s debut with a win. Atlanta 6 Arizona 4
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- 2013 – 2104 BSC Title Odds against the Field - May 18, 2013
- 2013 NFL Rookie of the Year Futures Odds - May 17, 2013
- Ottawa Senators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins Game 2 Free NHL Pick - May 17, 2013
- Indiana Pacers vs. New York Knicks Game 5 Free NBA Pick - May 16, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Game 5 Free NBA Pick - May 15, 2013