New York Yankees vs Tampa Bay Rays Pick
Starting Pitchers: Garcia (Yankees) vs. Moore (Rays)
Location: Tropicana Field
Date/Time: Monday, July 2 7:10 p.m. (ET)
MLB Odds: New York +100 Tampa Bay-120
MLB Betting Game Trends
New York Yankees
- NY Yankees are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games on the road
- NY Yankees are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 7 games when playing Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Rays
- Tampa Bay is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games at home
- Tampa Bay is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 7 games when playing NY Yankees
Yankees and Rays meet in an AL East tilt in Tampa Bay
New York took the last two games of a four-game weekend series against Chicago and has now won seven of its last nine games to open-up a six-game lead over Baltimore in the AL East. It is 48-30 overall this season and 23-14 on the road. The total has stayed ‘under’ in five of its last seven games.
Over the course of this nine-game tear, the Yankees have averaged six runs a game while holding their opponents to an average of just 3.22 runs. They are now ranked fourth in the AL in scoring with 373 runs and fifth in pitching with a team ERA of 3.70. Freddy Garcia will get the start in this series opener. The right-hander returns to the starting rotation with CC Sabathia still on the DL. He will be making his fifth start of the season after appearing in nine games in a relief role. Overall, Garcia is 2-2 this season with a 6.39 ERA.
Tampa Bay continues to slide further and further out of the AL East race with just three victories in its last 10 games. The Rays are now only three games over .500 at 41-38. They are under .500 on the road at 19-20 but 22-18 at home this season. The total has stayed ‘under’ in six of their last seven games.
Scoring has been an issue for Tampa Bay as of late, with just 17 runs in its last seven games. It is ranked second to last in the AL in hitting with a team batting average of just .232. The Rays normally reliable pitching staff is keeping the team competitive with an overall ERA of 3.67, but the lack of run support is taking its toll. Matt Moore will get the start in this one. The left-hander is 4-5 this year with a 4.19 ERA. He has given-up three or less earned runs in seven of his last nine starts.
New York has really struggled with the Rays on the road with a seven-game losing streak in Tampa, but stick with the Yankees to take the early edge in this series by pounding-out a win on Monday night. New York 6 Tampa Bay 3
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Game 1 Free NBA Pick - May 21, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 20, 2013
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detroit Red Wings Game 3 Odds - May 20, 2013
- 2013 – 2104 BCS Title Odds against the Field - May 18, 2013
- 2013 NFL Rookie of the Year Futures Odds - May 17, 2013