Texas Rangers vs Chicago White Sox Pick
Starting Pitchers: Feldman (Texas) vs. Axelrod (Chicago)
Location: US Cellular Field
Date/Time: Wednesday, July 4 7:10 p.m. (ET)
Television: MLB Network
MLB Odds: Texas -125 Chicago +115
MLB Betting Game Trends
- Texas is 13-4 SU in its last 17 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Texas’s last 7 games on the road
- Texas is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Texas is 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing Chi White Sox
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Texas’s last 16 games when playing Chi White Sox
Chicago White Sox
- Chi White Sox are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Chi White Sox’s last 13 games
- The total has gone OVER in 17 of Chi White Sox’s last 25 games at home
- Chi White Sox are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi White Sox’s last 6 games at home
AL Division Leaders clash at US Cellular Field – Game Overview
This past Sunday, Texas had its five-game winning streak come to an end with a 3-1 loss to Oakland as a 210 home favorite. The Rangers head into Game 1 of this series on Tuesday with an overall record of 50-30 and a five-game lead over Los Angeles in the AL West. They are 27-15 at home this season and 23-15 on the road. The total has stayed ‘under’ in six of their last 10 games.
Texas remains the most potent team in the Majors at the plate with a team batting average of .284 and 427 runs scored, but has also been effective from the mound. It is ranked fourth in the AL in pitching with a 3.69 team ERA. Scott Feldman will get the call as the starter for the Rangers in this one. The right-hander started the season 0-6 but has won his last two outings despite giving-up six earned runs. He is 2-2 against the White Sox with a 4.95 ERA.
Chicago lost the final two games of an extended four-game series against New York this past weekend to fall to 6-4 in its last 10 and 42-37 on the year. The White Sox still lead Cleveland by two games in the AL Central. They are 23-16 on the road but under .500 at home with a record of 19-21. The total has stayed ‘under’ in six of their last eight games.
The White Sox pitching staff has held-up well through the first half of the season with a team ERA of 3.96. They will send Dylan Axelrod to the mound for Wednesday night’s contest. The right-handed rookie will be making his fourth start of the season and coming off a solid performance against the Yankees in which he allowed just two earned runs on six hits in seven innings of work. Overall, he is 0-1 with a 4.50 ERA.
These two teams have evenly split their last 10 meetings 5-5 but look for the Rangers’ lineup to get to the rookie with some early inning fireworks to help secure the win. Texas 6 Chicago 3
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Game 1 Free NBA Pick - May 21, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 20, 2013
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detroit Red Wings Game 3 Odds - May 20, 2013
- 2013 – 2104 BCS Title Odds against the Field - May 18, 2013
- 2013 NFL Rookie of the Year Futures Odds - May 17, 2013