Los Angeles Angels vs New York Yankees Pick
Starting Pitchers: Starting Pitchers: Wilson (Angels) vs. Kuroda (Yankees)
Date/Time: July 13, 7:05 P.M. EST
Television: MLB Network
MLB Odds from VietBet
Moneyline: Los Angeles +110 New York -120
MLB Betting Game Trends
Los Angeles Angels
- Arizona is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Arizona’s last 15 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Arizona’s last 9 games on the road
- Arizona is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games when playing Texas
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona’s last 7 games when playing Texas
New York Yankees
- Texas is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Texas’s last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Texas’s last 8 games at home
- Texas is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Texas’s last 7 games when playing Arizona
West Coast verse East Coast Showdown at Yankee Stadium
The Los Angeles Angels overcame a slow start to climb right back into the AL West race with a first-half record of 48-38. It went into this week’s All-Star break with three victories in its last four games to pull within four games of Texas in the division. The Angels are 25-18 at home this season and 23-20 on the road. The total has stayed ‘under’ in their last three games.
The arrival of Albert Pujols from St. Louis garnered most of the attention heading into this season, but the Angels have been winning with a total team effort. They are ranked third in the AL in hitting with a team batting average of .268 and are averaging 4.4 runs per game. Los Angeles has also been getting done on the mound with the second-best ERA in the league at 3.61. CJ Wilson will get the start in this one. The left-hander is 9-5 this season with a 2.43 ERA. He is 1-3 against the Yankees with an ERA of 3.54.
The New York Yankees also stumbled out of the blocks this year but once the calendar turned the page to June it has found its footing and stormed into the lead in the AL East. The Yankees head into the second half of the season with a full seven-game lead over Baltimore in the division with an overall record of 52-33. They have been rock-solid no matter where they play with a 27-17 record on the road and a 25-16 record at home. The total has gone ‘over’ in four of their last six games.
Despite injuries to CC Sabathia and Andy Pettitte that landed both starters on the DL, New York has not skipped a beat with a 4-1 record in its last five games. The Yankees are pounding-out an average of 4.85 runs a game and are fourth in the AL in pitching with a team ERA of 3.73. Hiroki Kuroda is slated to get the start in this one. The right-hander is 8-7 on the year with a 3.50 ERA. He has won five of his last six decisions and is 2-2 against the Angels in four career starts with a 1.71 ERA.
The Angels will have a tall task coming into New York against a well-rested Yankees’ team that is 8-3 in the first game of its last 11 series. Stick with New York all the way in this one as it cruises to a win on Friday night. New York 6 Los Angeles 3
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- MLB Pick: Los Angeles Dodgers vs. New York Yankees - June 19, 2013
- NBA Finals Pick: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6 - June 18, 2013
- MLB Pick: Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals - June 17, 2013
- Free MLB Pick: San Francisco Giants vs. Atlanta Braves - June 16, 2013
- NBA Finals Pick: Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 5 - June 16, 2013