Pittsburgh Pirates vs Colorado Rockies Pick
Starting Pitchers: McDonald (Pittsburgh) vs. Guthrie (Colorado)
Date/Time: Wednesday, July 18 3:10 p.m. (ET)
Television: MLB Network
MLB Odds from VietBet
Moneyline: Pittsburgh -125 Colorado +115
MLB Betting Game Trends
- Pittsburgh is 12-5 SU in its last 17 games
- The total has gone OVER in 15 of Pittsburgh’s last 22 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Colorado
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 5 games when playing Colorado
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Colorado’s last 11 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Colorado’s last 6 games at home
- Colorado is 5-13 SU in its last 18 games at home
- Colorado is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Colorado’s last 5 games when playing Pittsburgh
Pirates and Rockies wrap-up a three-game set at Coors Field
The Pirates lost the first game of this three-game set 5-4 on Monday night as 103 road underdogs. The setback dropped them to 49-40 on the year and to 20-26 on the road. They are still just one game in back of Cincinnati for the lead in the NL Central. The total stayed ‘under’ the 10-run line on Monday night but had gone ‘over’ in three of their previous four games.
Pittsburgh is averaging just over four runs per game which ranks it ninth in the NL in scoring. It has remained competitive all season long behind a pitching staff that is ranked fifth in the NL with a team ERA of 3.55. The Pirates will go with James McDonald as their starter on Wednesday afternoon. The right-hander struggled his last time out and gave-up four earned runs on eight hits in just 4 2/3 innings of work. He is now 9-3 overall with a 2.59 ERA. McDonald is 3-1 against the Colorado Rockies with an ERA of 3.45.
Colorado is now 3-2 in its last five games but still tied with San Diego for last place in the NL West with an overall record of 35-54. Monday’s victory raised its record at home this season to 20-27 overall and it has gone 4-6 in its last 10 at Coors Field. The total has now stayed ‘under’ in nine of the Rockies last 10 games.
Jeremy Guthrie is expected to get the start for Colorado in the series finale. He is 3-9 on the year with a 6.14 ERA in 14 previous starts. The right-hander has had an especially tough time of it at his home park with a 9.23 ERA. The Rockies’ lineup has done a good job this season in terms of run support with an average of 4.83 runs a game, which is the second-best average in the NL. The problem has been a pitching staff that is ranked last in the league with a team ERA of 5.23.
The Pirates are 5-2 in McDonald’s last seven starts on the road and 10-4 in the third game of their last 14 series. Bank on these trends holding true for Wednesday’s series finale as Pittsburgh bangs-out a much needed victory on the road. Pittsburgh 7 Colorado 4
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- 2013 – 2104 BSC Title Odds against the Field - May 18, 2013
- 2013 NFL Rookie of the Year Futures Odds - May 17, 2013
- Ottawa Senators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins Game 2 Free NHL Pick - May 17, 2013
- Indiana Pacers vs. New York Knicks Game 5 Free NBA Pick - May 16, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Game 5 Free NBA Pick - May 15, 2013