NCAA Football Week 2 Picks – Florida vs Texas A&M
College Football Picks
Date/Time: Saturday, Sept.8 3:30 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Texas A&M -1.5
Football Betting Game Trends
- Florida is 1-9 ATS in its last 10 games
- Florida is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Florida’s last 5 games
- Florida is 4-8-2 ATS in its last 14 games on the road
- Florida is 17-6 SU in its last 23 games on the road
- Florida is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
Texas A&M Aggies
- Texas A&M is 3-9 ATS in its last 12 games
- Texas A&M is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- Texas A&M is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Texas A&M is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games at home
NCAA Football – Week 2
Florida opened as a 28-point home favorite in its season opener last Saturday against Bowling Green, but had to settle for a 27-14 victory in a game that was obviously much closer than expected. The total stayed UNDER the 47.5-point line. The Gators actually trailed 7-0 at the end of the first quarter but closed-out the first half with two Mike Gillislee rushing touchdowns of 15 and 38 yards. He finished the day with 148 yards rushing on 24 carries.
Quarterback Jeff Driskel split time with Jacoby Brissett and went 10-for-16 for 114 yards and one touchdown. Driskel’s overall performance, including his ability to manage the game and not turn the ball over, earned him the starting nod against the Aggies. The real pressure in this game could be on the Gators’ defense, which got the job done last week, but hardly in an impressive fashion.
Texas A&M makes its debut in the SEC this Saturday afternoon after coming over from a long-time stint in the Big 12. It has to be chomping at the bit to start this game after its season opener against Louisiana Tech was postponed due to Hurricane Isaac. The Aggies wrapped-up their final season in the Big 12 with an overall record of 7-6 and a 4-5 record in conference play.
It will be a completely new look at quarterback for Texas A&M with Jameill Showers taking over for the departed Ryan Tannehill, who is getting ready to make his first start in the NFL. The good news is that Showers will have nine starters back from last year’s offense including All-Conference wide receiver Ryan Swope. Also returning is running back Christian Michael, who was second on the team last season in rushing with 899 yards. The Aggies return eight starters on defense including All-Conference linebacker Sean Porter.
Even though Florida did not appear to be in top form last week, you have to really question whether or not Texas A&M is ready for the overall difference in speed between teams from the SEC and the Big 12. Playing at home will be a huge advantage for the Aggies, but they are 0-7-1 against the spread in their last eight non-conference games. Take the Gators and the point and a half on the road. Florida 27 Texas A&M 24
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- San Antonio Spurs vs. Memphis Grizzlies Game 3 Free NBA Pick - May 25, 2013
- Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 24, 2013
- Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Game 1 Free NBA Pick - May 21, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 20, 2013
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detroit Red Wings Game 3 Odds - May 20, 2013