NCAA Football Week 3 Picks- No.1 Alabama vs Arkansas
College Football Picks
Date/Time: Saturday, Sept.15 3:30 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from Vietbet
Point Spread: Alabama -21
Football Betting Game Trends
Alabama Crimson Tide
- Alabama is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Alabama is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Alabama is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Arkansas
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Alabama’s last 6 games when playing Arkansas
- Arkansas is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games
- Arkansas is 15-1 SU in its last 16 games at home
- Arkansas is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Alabama
- Arkansas is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Alabama
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Arkansas’s last 6 games when playing Alabama
NCAA Football – Week 3
After two weeks of action, Alabama has clearly established itself as a serious threat to win a second-straight national championship this season. It destroyed Michigan 41-14 on opening day as a 13-point favorite and cruised to a 35-0 win over Western Kentucky as a 38-point home favorite last week. While defense continues to be the backbone of this team, the offense has put up 76 points behind a very balanced attack of running and throwing the ball, which is sort of a twist for this team.
Quarterback AJ McCarron has thrown for 418 yards and six touchdowns while completing 62.5 percent of his attempts. Running back TJ Yeldon has established himself as the early go-to guy on the ground with 136 yards on 17 carries. The Tide as a whole are averaging 167.5 rushing yards a game.
What appeared to be a promising start to the season with a routine 49-24 win over Jacksonville State in a game that had no posted line quickly turned into a nightmare for Arkansas. In easily the biggest upset of the season to date, the Razorbacks lost to Louisiana-Monroe 34-31 in overtime as 30-point favorites on the road. Adding injury to insult, quarterback Tyler Wilson remains questionable for this game after taking a hit to the head last week.
It is hard to know what to expect from this team this week after last Saturday’s collapse in every phase of the game. The Razorbacks will have the benefit of playing this game at home, but if they get behind early this could quickly turn into a lopsided rout, especially if Wilson is unable to go. Of even greater concern for this team is a defense that gave-up close to 500 yards of total offense in last week’s loss.
A conference showdown between any two teams in the SEC has the potential to be a close, hard-fought game, but this one features two teams going in completely opposite directions. Alabama squeaked-out a four-point win as a 6.5-point road favorite in its last trip to Razorback Stadium and while it will win this game with ease, look for Arkansas’s pride to keep things close enough to cover. Alabama 35 Arkansas 17
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Game 1 Free NBA Pick - May 21, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 20, 2013
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detroit Red Wings Game 3 Odds - May 20, 2013
- 2013 – 2104 BCS Title Odds against the Field - May 18, 2013
- 2013 NFL Rookie of the Year Futures Odds - May 17, 2013