Stanford vs Washington Pick
College Football Picks
Date/Time: September 27th, 9:00 pm EST
College Football Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Stanford -7
Football Betting Game Trends
- Stanford is 22-2 SU in its last 24 games
- Stanford is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Stanford’s last 6 games on the road
- Stanford is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing Washington
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Stanford’s last 8 games when playing Washington
- Washington is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games
- Washington is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games at home
- Washington is 1-6-1 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Stanford
- Washington is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing Stanford
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Washington’s last 8 games when playing Stanford
- Washington is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Stanford
NCAA Football – Week 5
The Stanford Cardinal will be back on the field for the first time since upsetting the USC Trojans on Thursday night in NCAA football betting action when they take on the Washington Huskies at CenturyLink Field.
The Cardinal are ranked in the Top 10 in the country, but there aren’t many that really believe that they are amongst one of the best 10 teams in the land. The truth of the matter is that the Pac-12 is pretty solid this year, but outside of the Oregon Ducks, there might not be any truly superior teams, and that includes USC. When you look at the stats for this team, you just can’t possibly be impressed. RB Stepfan Taylor is averaging over 100 rushing yards per game, but he just hasn’t felt like he has had that explosive of a game quite yet. Stanford also ranks No. 90 in the land in the passing game, and that’s just nothing like what the team was used to getting when QB Andrew Luck was calling the shots. QB Josh Nunes still has a lot of growing to do in order to get some confidence. The defense has played three pretty good games, and that game against the Men of Troy was one of the best performances that we have seen in the country. Still, it is going to take quite a bit in this one on the road, the first road game of the year for the Cardinal.
We really haven’t had a great gauge quite yet this year in regards to how good U-Dub is this year. The team looked bad against the San Diego State Aztecs in victory, looked worse against the LSU Tigers in defeat (but who isn’t going to look bad this year against LSU?), and great in victory over the Portland State Vikings (but who isn’t going to look good against Portland State?). This will be the first really good look this year at QB Keith Price, who might be a Heisman Trophy candidate if he can figure out how to get all the way through the Pac-12. Head Coach Steve Sarkisian is trying to get Price to open up his offense just a bit, but in the end, he is only averaging 6.2 yards per pass attempt this year. That absolutely has to change if Washington is going to have a chance to win this game.
This just doesn’t look like a great spot for the Cardinal. The good news is that they have at least had a week and a half to get ready for this game and get their feet back on the ground after beating the Trojans. What’s lost in all of this though, is the possibility that Stanford might not be the better of these two teams, especially by any sort of margin. Stick with U-Dub and take the points in a game that very well could be an upset. Washington 31 – Stanford 27