Chicago Bears vs Dallas Cowboys MNF Free Pick
Date/Time: Monday, Oct.1 8:30 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Cowboys -3
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Chicago is 3-5-1 ATS in its last 9 games
- Chicago is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Chicago’s last 10 games on the road
- Chicago is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Chicago is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Dallas is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Dallas’s last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Dallas’s last 18 games at home
- Dallas is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
- Dallas is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
MNF NFL Pick – Week 4
Chicago bounced-back from a poor performance on the road against Green Bay in Week 2 with a solid 23-6 thrashing of St. Louis last Sunday as a seven-point favorite at home. The net result is a 2-1 start both straight-up and against the spread. The total stayed UNDER in both of these games.
Much was made about quarterback Jay Cutler’s sideline antics in the loss to Green Bay, but Bears’ fans should be much more concerned about his performance on the field with six interceptions against just three touchdowns and a completion percentage of 58.6 through his first three games. Chicago is fortunate that its defense came to play last week to keep the Rams out of the end zone. Overall, it is ranked sixth in the NFL in total yards allowed and fifth in points allowed.
Dallas moved to 2-1 SU (1-2 ATS) on the year in an uninspired 16-10 victory over Tampa Bay last Sunday as a nine-point favorite at home. This followed a 27-7 drubbing by Seattle as a three-point road favorite in Week 2. The total has now stayed UNDER in all three of its games this year.
It is hard to know what to make of this team with an offense that is ranked dead last in scoring with an average of only 15.7 points a game to go along with a defense that is first in yards allowed and seventh in points allowed. The issue on offense does not lie completely with Tony Romo, who has completed 64.8 percent of his throws for 841 yards and four touchdowns, but something is definitely missing on this side of the ball. The most glaring problem is a running game that is averaging a mere 76.7 yards per game.
This game is shaping up as a defensive battle with each team’s offense struggling to find its form. A big plus for Chicago would be the return of running back Matt Forte to the lineup, but this game will still come down to which defense plays the best. The UNDER remains the best play in this matchup in what should be a three-point game either way. Dallas 20 Chicago 17
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Game 1 Free NBA Pick - May 21, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 20, 2013
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detroit Red Wings Game 3 Odds - May 20, 2013
- 2013 – 2104 BCS Title Odds against the Field - May 18, 2013
- 2013 NFL Rookie of the Year Futures Odds - May 17, 2013