Notre Dame vs Oklahoma Sooners Free Pick
College Football Picks
Date/Time: Saturday, October 27, 8:00 pm EST
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Oklahoma -10
Football Betting Game Trends
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
- Notre Dame is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Notre Dame’s last 5 games
- Notre Dame is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Notre Dame’s last 6 games on the road
- Oklahoma is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- Oklahoma is 23-2 SU in its last 25 games at home
NCAA Football – Week 9
Notre Dame’s quest for a berth in the BCS national title game comes under heavy fire this Saturday night in what will easily be its toughest test of the season. So far the Fighting Irish have cruised through this season with seven-straight wins but there have been some close calls along the way with a 4-3 record against the spread. The total has stayed UNDER in their last six games.
Just like it has done all season long, Notre Dame’s defense will ultimately determine the outcome of this game. If it continues to play to the form that has it ranked second in the nation in points allowed, the Fighting Irish will not only have an excellent chance at covering with the nine points, but possibly winning this game straight-up.
Ever since stumbling at home against Kansas State as a 15.5-point favorite, Oklahoma has been on a tear with three-straight wins by a combined 108 points. The Sooners demolished Kansas 52-7 this past Saturday as 34.5-point home favorites to move to 5-1 SU and 4-2 ATS. They are 3-1 at home both SU and ATS and the total has gone OVER in their last three games.
Oklahoma’s 44.7 points per game is fifth-best in the country; setting the stage for a showdown in Norman against the best defense it will have faced this year. The Sooners have shown tremendous balance with a passing game that is averaging 288.5 yards a contest to go along with a rushing attack that is posting another 199.7 yards on the ground. Landry Jones has already thrown for 1,644 yards and 12 touchdowns and Damian Williams leads the team in rushing with 552 yards and seven scores.
Notre Dame has passed every test it has taken this season, but will find itself just a bit outclassed against a Sooners’ team that still has national title aspirations of its own. This game will be a battle to the bitter end and while the Irish come up on the short end on the scoreboard, stick with them to cover with the 10 points. Oklahoma 24 Notre Dame 17
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 24, 2013
- Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Game 1 Free NBA Pick - May 21, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 20, 2013
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detroit Red Wings Game 3 Odds - May 20, 2013
- 2013 – 2104 BCS Title Odds against the Field - May 18, 2013