San Francisco 49ers vs. Arizona Cardinals Free Pick
Date/Time: Monday, Oct.29 8:30 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: San Francisco -7
NFL Betting Game Trends
San Francisco 49ers
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games
- San Francisco is 18-5 SU in its last 23 games
- San Francisco is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of San Francisco’s last 9 games on the road
- San Francisco is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Arizona is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Arizona’s last 7 games
- Arizona is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games
- Arizona is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona’s last 6 games when playing San Francisco
NFL Pick – Week 8
Even though there have been some cracks in the foundation with two stunning straight-up losses as a favorite, most people would still agree that San Francisco remains one of the best teams in the NFL. At 5-2 SU and 4-3 against the spread it has forged it way back to the top of the NFC West and appears poised to make another deep run in the playoffs.
Quarterback Alex Smith continues to manage the offense well, but the 49ers primary game plan is to rely on a punishing rushing attack led by Frank Gore and a shutdown defense that is ranked first in the NFL in total yards allowed and second in points allowed. The problem with this team is its inability to play from behind if it gets down by more than one or two scores. The best way to beat the 49ers is to force them to have to beat you through the air. Also, keep an eye on Gore’s status for Monday night after bruising his ribs last week against Seattle.
Arizona’s fast 4-0 start is rapidly fading away with three-straight losses to St.Louis, Buffalo and Minnesota. It is now 4-3 SU and 3-3-1 ATS. The total has stayed UNDER in six of its first seven games. It is little wonder that the total continues to stay UNDER considering that the Cardinals have failed to score more than 20 points five times this season.
The revolving door at quarterback has swung back in favor of John Skelton after Kevin Kolb went down with a severe rib injury. Skelton will not have to look back over his shoulder for at least a month unless the Cardinals decide to give Ryan Lindley a shot to run the show. It probably would not matter much considering how anemic this unit has been as of late. Fortunately, Arizona has a shutdown defense of its own that is only giving-up an average of 16.9 points a game.
It is hard to see either team putting more than 20 points on the board so the UNDER is a pretty solid play at 37.5, but stick with San Francisco to grind-out a win on the road that more than covers the seven points against the floundering Cardinals. San Francisco 20 Arizona 10
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Game 1 Free NBA Pick - May 21, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 20, 2013
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detroit Red Wings Game 3 Odds - May 20, 2013
- 2013 – 2104 BCS Title Odds against the Field - May 18, 2013
- 2013 NFL Rookie of the Year Futures Odds - May 17, 2013