Missouri Tigers vs Florida Gators Picks
College Football Picks
Date/Time: Saturday, November 3, 12:00 pm EST
NFL Odds from UCABET
Point Spread: Florida -15
Football Betting Game Trends
- Missouri is 2-4-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- Missouri is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Missouri’s last 6 games
- Missouri is 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Missouri is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- Florida is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Florida’s last 10 games
- Florida is 3-6-1 ATS in its last 10 games at home
- Florida is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Florida’s last 5 games at home
NCAA Football – Week 10
It hasn’t taken the Missouri Tigers long to figure out how difficult it is to win in the SEC. Missouri picked up its first SEC win last week against lowly Kentucky. They’ll have a much tougher task this week as they head into the swamp to take on the Florida Gators. The Gators were beaten by rival Georgia last week, and you can bet they are itching to get back on the field.
Gary Pinkel’s Missouri Tigers are used to having quite a bit of success, but life in the SEC is brutal. Missouri is 1-4 so far this year in the conference. The Tigers offense has been a major disappointment so far this season. Missouri is 112th in the nation (out of 124 teams) in total offense. It hasn’t helped a bit that quarterback James Franklin has been dinged up most of the year. Franklin appears to be healthy again, and he should get most of the snaps in this game. Through eight games, the Missouri Tigers have only seven passing touchdowns.
Missouri’s defense has done a nice job keeping the team in games this season. The Tigers rank 24th in the nation in total defense. While the offense has had all sorts of injury troubles, the defense has stayed quite healthy. The secondary has been superb so far this year, and the front seven has held its own pretty well. Missouri is giving up 23.6 points per game this season.
The Florida Gators were ranked second in the BCS rankings before last weekend, which makes last weekend’s loss to Georgia even tougher to take. The Bulldogs had been disappointing for much of the year, but the Bulldogs took advantage of six Florida turnovers in last week’s contest. Florida fumbled the ball six times, and they lost four of those fumbles. Jeff Driskel had a bad game last week, but he has really stepped up and been a great performer for the Gators offense this year. Driskel is a dual-threat quarterback who is more comfortable running at this point, but he is developing a decent passing game as well. Florida’s offense still has a lot of room for improvement. The Gators are averaging only 339.2 yards per game, which is 102nd best in the nation.
Florida’s defense has been dominating, and that is why this team is 7-1 right now. The Gators are giving up only 12.8 points per game this year. This is a unit that has no real apparent weakness. Speed is always something the Gators defense has plenty of, and this year is no different. The most any team has scored on this unit is 20 points.
It’s hard to imagine the Gators not coming out ready to play in this one. I think it will be their defense that makes a major mark in this contest. Look for Missouri’s offense to struggle in a big way here. I like this to stay under the posted total.
Florida 24 Missouri 10
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Cleveland Indians vs. Boston Red Sox Pick - May 23, 2013
- New York Yankees vs. Baltimore Orioles Pick - May 22, 2013
- MLB Trends for Series Starting 5/20 - May 20, 2013
- Detroit Tigers vs. Texas Rangers Pick - May 19, 2013
- Cincinnati Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies Pick 5/18/13 - May 18, 2013