Mississippi vs Georgia Pick
College Football Picks
Date/Time: Saturday, November 3, 3:30 pm EST
Football Odds from DSI
Point Spread: Georgia -14
Football Betting Game Trends
- Mississippi is 7-16 SU in its last 23 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Mississippi’s last 5 games
- Mississippi is 3-9 SU in its last 12 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Mississippi’s last 5 games on the road
- Mississippi is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Georgia
- Georgia is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games
- Georgia is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Georgia’s last 10 games
- Georgia is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- Georgia is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
NCAA Football – Week 10
The Mississippi Rebels are well on their way to turning the program around after a dismal 2-10 season last year. Hugh Freeze was a great hire by the program, and he has this team playing much better football already. Georgia picked up a huge win last week over the Florida Gators in Jacksonville. Will the Bulldogs be able to use that game to give them momentum for the rest of the season? Let’s take a look at this SEC matchup.
Mississippi is much improved on both sides of the ball this year. The Rebels are 7-1 ATS so far this season. Bo Wallace is a young quarterback who is growing by leaps and bounds as the season moves along. Wallace sometimes tries to make too many plays and forces things, but he is a great play maker who is gaining a nice grasp of the team’s offense. Jeff Scott is a strong runner in the backfield for the Rebels. Scott averages 5.4 yards per carry. Donte Moncrief gives the team one of the best receivers in the SEC. Moncrief has 39 catches this season. The Rebels are averaging 32.4 points per game.
The biggest shock is how much better the Rebels defense is this year compared to last season. Mississippi was dreadful on defense last season, but they have developed a whole new attitude on this side of the ball in 2012. This defense was shredded by Texas early in the year, and it looked like it was going to be a repeat of last season. Since then, the defense has looked much better. They even slowed down the Alabama offense more than anyone else has so far this season.
Georgia was humbled by South Carolina earlier this year, and not many people gave them a chance last week against Florida. That is why they play the game on the field rather than on paper. The Bulldogs defense rose to the occasion and forced six Florida turnovers en route to a 17-9 win over the previously unbeaten Gators. Georgia has really taken quite a bit of heat from the pundits this year, but they are 7-1 at this point. The Bulldogs have had a rash of injuries on both sides of the ball, but they seemed to have come together nicely over the past couple weeks.
Aaron Murray is a very good senior quarterback for the Georgia offense. Murray has 17 touchdowns and 7 interceptions this year. He also has two terrific freshman running backs in the backfield with him this season. Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall have been outstanding in their first season on campus. Gurley is averaging 6.2 yards per carry, and Marshall is averaging 6.6 per carry. They are already one of the best tailback tandems in the nation and they are both freshmen. Defensively, the Bulldogs are slowly getting healthier, and that should help a lot down the stretch.
The Bulldogs might have a bit of a letdown coming off their huge win at Florida, and Mississippi is a better team than most realize. Look for the underdog to cover this game.
Georgia 34 Mississippi 27
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- MLB Trends for Series Starting 5/20 - May 20, 2013
- Detroit Tigers vs. Texas Rangers Pick - May 19, 2013
- Cincinnati Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies Pick 5/18/13 - May 18, 2013
- MLB Trends for Series Starting 5/17 - May 17, 2013
- San Antonio Spurs vs. Golden State Warriors Game 6 Pick - May 16, 2013