Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals Picks
Date/Time: Sunday, November 4, 1:00 pm EST
NFL Odds from BetOnline
Point Spread: Broncos -4
NFL Betting Game Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Denver’s last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Denver’s last 6 games on the road
- Denver is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Denver is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Denver is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Cincinnati
- Cincinnati is 3-10-3 ATS in its last 16 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Cincinnati’s last 9 games
- Cincinnati is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games
- Cincinnati is 1-6-1 ATS in its last 8 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Cincinnati’s last 10 games at home
NFL Pick – Week 9
The Denver Broncos are fresh off a huge win at home against the New Orleans Saints. The Cincinnati Bengals are coming off a bye week. Cincinnati was beaten by Pittsburgh at home two weeks ago. The Bengals have lost three straight games, and badly need a win to stay in the playoff race. Denver seems to be getting better every week, and there is no doubt that Peyton Manning is making this team far more dangerous.
John Elway made a huge offseason move to bring in Peyton Manning as the Broncos quarterback. This definitely wasn’t a move without some risks. Tim Tebow had just led the team to a playoff win, and he was a very popular player in Denver. In addition, Manning was coming off a major injury, and no one knew how healthy he would be this year. So far, it has worked out brilliantly for the Broncos. Manning has thrown 17 touchdowns and just 4 interceptions. He is completing 68.5 percent of his passes. His ability to spread the football around is shown by the team having five receivers with at least 20 catches already. Willis McGahee has been very effective in the running game for Denver.
The Broncos defense excels at getting after the opposing quarterback. Von Miller leads the team with six sacks, and Elvis Dumervil has five. Champ Bailey has gotten older, but he is still one of the best cover corners in the NFL. Tracy Porter has given the team another play maker in the secondary. Overall, Denver’s defense ranks eighth in the NFL in total defense.
Andy Dalton had a terrific rookie season, but he has struggled so far in his second year. Dalton has already thrown ten interceptions in just seven games. His completion percentage is up, but he definitely needs to cut down on his turnovers. A.J. Green is only in his second year as well, but he is certainly one of the best receivers in football. Green is putting up huge numbers already this season. He has 44 catches and 7 touchdown receptions this year. Cincinnati hasn’t been able to get their running game going, and the normally sure-handed BenJarvus Green-Ellis has fumbled several times. Cincinnati is averaging 23.7 points per game.
The Bengals defense has been a big disappointment so far this year, but that is at least partially due to injury issues. Cincinnati’s secondary has been in shambles all year, and teams have taken advantage of that at times. Last year at this time the Bengals had one of the top ranked defenses in the league, but they are giving up 26.7 points per game this season. Geno Atkins has been a bright spot on the line. He already has seven sacks this season.
Free NFL Pick:
Cincinnati has been reeling of late, and I think Denver is just too good. Manning is looking like his old self. Look for the Broncos to just get by in this one.
Denver 28 Cincinnati 27
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Detroit Tigers vs. Texas Rangers Pick - May 19, 2013
- Cincinnati Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies Pick 5/18/13 - May 18, 2013
- MLB Trends for Series Starting 5/17 - May 17, 2013
- San Antonio Spurs vs. Golden State Warriors Game 6 Pick - May 16, 2013
- Boston Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays Pick – 5/15/13 - May 15, 2013