Atlanta Falcons vs. New Orleans Saints Pick
Date/Time: Sunday November 11, 1:00 pm EST
NFL Odds from Bookmaker
Point Spread: Falcons -2.5
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Atlanta is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Atlanta is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing New Orleans
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Atlanta’s last 9 games when playing New Orleans
- Atlanta is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against New Orleans
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 5 games when playing on the road against New Orleans
New Orleans Saints
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of New Orleans’s last 7 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New Orleans’s last 5 games when playing at home against Atlanta
- New Orleans is 6-18-1 ATS in its last 25 games when playing at home against Atlanta
- New Orleans is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing Atlanta
- New Orleans is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Atlanta
NFL Pick – Week 10
The Atlanta Falcons are unbeaten halfway through the season. Atlanta has been a great regular season team over the last couple years, but they haven’t been able to have any success in the playoffs. The Falcons are looking to put it all together this year. The team they take on this week may be 3-5, but the New Orleans Saints are clearly a very dangerous team. Look for a great game in the SuperDome this Sunday.
Matt Ryan and the Atlanta offense have been superb this season. Ryan is completing 69 percent of his passes, and he has thrown 17 touchdown passes. There isn’t a better trio of pass catchers in the NFL than Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez. Many assumed Gonzalez was near the end of his career, but he leads the team with 50 catches through only eight games. White has 47 receptions and Jones has 40 catches. Jacquizz Rodgers has become a big pass target out of the backfield as well, and that has diversified this offense even more. Atlanta still is only averaging 99 yards per game on the ground. Overall, the Falcons are averaging 27.5 points per game this season.
Atlanta’s defense has picked it up quite a bit this year. The Falcons have been giving up yardage, but they are terrific at forcing turnovers and holding their opponents to field goals. Despite giving up 356 yards per game, the Falcons opponents are only averaging 17.9 points per contest this year. Asante Samuel has been a big addition in the secondary. Atlanta’s defense has been great at giving their opponent many different looks this year.
The New Orleans Saints started 0-4, but they have won 3 of their last 4 games to get up to 3-5. Still, this really is a must win game for the Saints. It’s hard to imagine a team getting to the playoffs after starting 3-6. Drew Brees looked a little out of sync in his first two games, but he has been great of late. Brees has 2,549 passing yards this year, and he already has 22 touchdown passes. Four Saints players have at least 33 catches, and depth at the receiver spot isn’t a problem for New Orleans. The running game has been disappointing. New Orleans is averaging just 81 yards per game on the ground. The Saints are scoring 27.2 points per contest.
The Saints defense has been bad so far this season. New Orleans is dead last in the NFL in rushing defense. Opponents are racking up 177 yards per game on the ground against the Saints. The secondary hasn’t been much better, as opponents are throwing for 295 yards per contest. This unit is either going to have to start shutting some people down, or start forcing some turnovers.
Free NFL Pick: Falcons -2.5
The Falcons defense is much improved, while the Saints have been torched on a weekly basis this year. I expect this game to be close all the way through, but I think the Falcons pull this one out.
Atlanta 31 New Orleans 27
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Detroit Tigers vs. Texas Rangers Pick - May 19, 2013
- Cincinnati Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies Pick 5/18/13 - May 18, 2013
- MLB Trends for Series Starting 5/17 - May 17, 2013
- San Antonio Spurs vs. Golden State Warriors Game 6 Pick - May 16, 2013
- Boston Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays Pick – 5/15/13 - May 15, 2013