Dallas Mavericks vs. Los Angeles Clippers Free NBA Pick
Date/Time: Wednesday, Dec. 5, 10:30 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Los Angeles -8
NBA Betting Trends
- Dallas is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Dallas is 17-3 SU in their last 20 games when playing LA Clippers
- Dallas is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Dallas’s last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Dallas’s last 12 games
Los Angeles Clippers
- LA Clippers are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Dallas
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of the LA Clippers last 16 games when playing at home against Dallas
- LA Clippers are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games when playing at home against Dallas
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of the LA Clippers last 5 games at home
Dallas comes into this Western Conference matchup at 8-9 straight-up and 7-10 against the spread after rolling over Detroit 92-77 as a seven-point home favorite this past Saturday. It was just the second SU victory in their last six games as the Mavericks already find themselves five games in back of Memphis in the Southwest Division. The total has stayed UNDER in three of its last four games.
This team has had little problem putting points on the board with an average of 98.8 a game, but it has had major problems from keeping its opponents from doing the same. Through its first 17 games Dallas is ranked 22nd in the NBA in points allowed; giving-up an average of over 100 a game. It also does not help matters when your best player, Dirk Nowitzki is expected to remain out of the lineup for a few more weeks after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery in November.
The Clippers continue to prove that they are not just the best team in Los Angeles right now but one of the top teams in the league with an 11-6 start SU and a 9-8 record ATS. They are 7-3 SU at home this season and the total has gone OVER in their last five games. They ran their current winning streak to three games with Monday night’s 105-104 victory over Utah as two-point favorites on the road.
While Chris Paul and Blake Griffin continue to light up the court with a combined average of 33.7 points, 12.5 rebounds and 12.4 assists, it has been the addition of Jamal Crawford off the bench that has had the biggest impact so far. He actually leads the team in scoring with 17.6 points a game while averaging 28.9 minutes a game. The Clippers are ranked sixth in the NBA in scoring and ninth in points allowed, which is a powerful combination for winning games.
It is painfully obvious how much the Mavericks miss Nowitzki in the lineup as they are having a very difficult time generating any kind of consistency from game to game. Both teams come into this matchup well rested so stick with Los Angeles extending its winning streak to four games while covering the eight-point spread at home. Los Angeles 104 Dallas 93
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- MLB Pick: Los Angeles Dodgers vs. New York Yankees - June 19, 2013
- NBA Finals Pick: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6 - June 18, 2013
- MLB Pick: Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals - June 17, 2013
- Free MLB Pick: San Francisco Giants vs. Atlanta Braves - June 16, 2013
- NBA Finals Pick: Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 5 - June 16, 2013