Atlanta Falcons vs. Carolina Panthers Pick
Date/Time: December 9th, 1:00 P.M. ET
NFL Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Atlanta -3.5
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Atlanta is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Carolina
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Atlanta’s last 17 games when playing on the road against Carolina
- Atlanta is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Carolina
- Atlanta is 4-1-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Atlanta is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Carolina is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Carolina’s last 17 games when playing at home against Atlanta
- Carolina is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Atlanta
- Carolina is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Atlanta
The Atlanta Falcons can move one step closer to the No. 1 seed in the playoffs in the NFC if they can go on the road on Sunday and beat the NFL betting odds against the Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium.
At 11-1 with the nearest competitor two and a half games behind, Atlanta is quite close to locking down the top seed for the second time in the last three years in the NFC playoffs. The squad is on the verge of a truly special season, and it will take no more than just two more wins in the final four games of the season to lock down the top slot. There is a real question as to just how good this team really is, though. Of late, the team has been suspect at best, and the only win that really stands out is the 10-point win last week against the New Orleans Saints. Even that game brought up some questions about an offense that hasn’t scored more than 27 in a game in five weeks. Still, this might be the most questionable nine-game run for a great team in the league, as the Falcons are 8-1 SU but just 4-4-1 ATS in those outings. QB Matt Ryan was once one of the most efficient quarterbacks in the NFL, but he threw just one touchdown last week against the Saints and now has two TDs and six picks in his last three games combined.
Carolina’s season has likely been over for quite some time, but if there was any degree of doubt, that was taken away last week when it was beaten by the Kansas City Chiefs. It’s the case of the same old Panthers though, as they have gone just 2-7 in their last nine games but have been outscored by just 4.0 points per game in six of those seven defeats. It is clear that this team still has some work to do defensively. Head Coach Ron Rivera’s club has conceded an average of 28.0 points per game in its last four, and that just isn’t going to cut it at this level. The offense has been better in recent weeks, but it still isn’t where it needs to be. Missing RB Jonathan Stewart hurts of course, and the 11 players that are already on injured reserve, many of which were starters at the time of their injuries, hasn’t made life any easier either. QB Cam Newton just has to be better though, as his rushing touchdowns are down and he has just 14 TDs against 10 INTs as a passer.
Carolina stuck within two points the last time these two teams met, and the game was always close. Atlanta had a real problem trying to stop Newton and his quasi-option offense, and we suspect that the same will be the case once again this week. But we think that Matty Ice will get back on his feet as well in this one, and that should lead this to be a higher scoring game. Go with the ‘over’. Atlanta 34 – Carolina 27
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Stanley Cup Pick: Bruins vs. Blackhawks Game 2 - June 14, 2013
- Brazil vs. Japan Confederations Cup Pick - June 14, 2013
- NHL Stanley Cup Pick: Bruins vs. Blackhawks Game 1 - June 12, 2013
- MLB Pick: Cardinals vs. Reds 6/9/13 - June 9, 2013
- MLB Pick: Angels vs. Red Sox 6/9/13 - June 9, 2013