New Orleans Saints vs. New York Giants Free NFL Pick
Date/Time: Sunday, Dec.9 4:25 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: NY -5
NFL Betting Game Trends
New Orleans Saints
- New Orleans is 2-5 SU in their last 7 games when playing on the road against NY Giants
- New Orleans is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing NY Giants
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New Orleans’s last 5 games when playing on the road against NY Giants
- New Orleans is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
New York Giants
- NY Giants are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games
- NY Giants are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games at home
- NY Giants are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing New Orleans
- NY Giants are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games when playing New Orleans
It has been one heck of a roller-coaster ride for New Orleans this season but it has pretty much come to an end with last Thursday night’s 23-13 loss to Atlanta as a 3.5-point road underdog. The Saints fell to 5-7 straight-up and 6-6 against the spread on the year and out of the playoff race. The total has stayed UNDER in four of its last six games.
It is hard to fault Drew Brees for the Saints’ collapse despite throwing five interceptions against the Falcons. The All-Pro quarterback is trying to force things in an effort to make something happen. The big question in this matchup is does he have anything left in the tank to pull-off an improbable upset on the road? With absolutely no running game and a porous defense, he will once again have to carry this team on his back to have any chance to win.
New York has some major problems of its own after dropping a crucial 17-16 decision to Washington this past Monday night as a 2.5-point road favorite. It is now 7-5 SU (5-6-1 ATS) on the year and just one game ahead of both the Redskins and Dallas in the NFC East. The total has stayed UNDER in six of its last seven games.
The Giants are actually playing true to form for this time of the year with just one SU win in their last four games, but you get the feeling they are ready for another big December run to the division title. They are 4-2 SU at home this season and just waiting for a team like New Orleans to come to town to return to form. Do not forget that the Giants completely crushed a red-hot Packers’ team 38-10 in its last home game.
I really like the OVER in this matchup despite some strong trends pointing towards a low-scoring game. It could easily turn into a shootout with Brees trying to out-duel Eli Manning with one big play after another. In the end, stick with New York to come out on top both SU and ATS but also give strong consideration to the parlay with the OVER.
New York 33 New Orleans 24
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 20, 2013
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detroit Red Wings Game 3 Odds - May 20, 2013
- 2013 – 2104 BCS Title Odds against the Field - May 18, 2013
- 2013 NFL Rookie of the Year Futures Odds - May 17, 2013
- Ottawa Senators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins Game 2 Free NHL Pick - May 17, 2013