Green Bay Packers vs. San Francisco 49ers NFL Playoffs Free Pick
NFL Division Playoffs Pick
Date/Time: Saturday, Jan.12 8 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: San Francisco -3
NFL Betting Game Trends
Green Bay Packers
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Green Bay’s last 7 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Green Bay’s last 8 games
- Green Bay is 6-0-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Green Bay’s last 5 games when playing San Francisco
- Green Bay is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
San Francisco 49ers
- San Francisco is 0-4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Green Bay
- San Francisco is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Green Bay
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Francisco’s last 7 games when playing at home against Green Bay
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games when playing Green Bay
Green Bay advanced to the Divisional Round of the playoffs with a convincing 24-10 victory over Minnesota last Saturday night as a 10.5-point home favorite. This erased a stunning 37-34 loss to the Vikings in Week 17 and re-established the momentum that led to a 7-2 straight-up record in their last nine regular season games. The Packers are now 5-1 against the spread in their last six games and 10-7 ATS overall. The total has stayed UNDER in six of their last eight games.
Aaron Rodgers looks poised for another long playoff run after throwing for 274 yards and one score in last week’s game. He completed 69.6 percent of this passes while picking the Vikings’ secondary apart. The offense still struggled to run the ball which could be an issue against a 49ers defense that is equally as strong against the pass as it is against the run. There are also some concerns with a defense that had its share of trouble stopping the run at times this season.
San Francisco needed a 27-13 victory over Arizona as a 16-point home favorite in the final week of the regular season to secure a first-round bye on its way to an 11-4-1 SU record overall. It went 2-3 ATS in its final five games to finish 9-7 ATS on the year. The total went OVER the 39-point line against the Cardinals and it has now gone OVER in seven of its last eight games.
The 49ers come into this matchup with the 11th-ranked offense and third-ranked defense in the league. The offense averaged 24.8 points a game while allowing just 17.1 points a game on defense. As solid as this team is on both sides of the ball, it still put up a few head-scratchers this season including a 42-13 loss to Seattle in Week 16 as a 2.5-point road underdog. The key will be how second-year quarterback Colin Kaepernick handles the pressure of postseason football against a seasoned playoff team like Green Bay. Another major concern is a kicking game that is still trying to find a kicker it can depend on.
These two teams opened the regular season against one another with San Francisco coming away with a 30-22 victory as a six-point underdog on the road. Look for Green Bay to turn the table in a much more important game with a SU win on the road as a three-point dog. Once again, Aaron Rodgers proves his value as a league MVP with some clutch plays down the stretch to help secure the win. Green Bay 28 San Francisco 27
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Game 1 Free NBA Pick - May 21, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 20, 2013
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detroit Red Wings Game 3 Odds - May 20, 2013
- 2013 – 2104 BCS Title Odds against the Field - May 18, 2013
- 2013 NFL Rookie of the Year Futures Odds - May 17, 2013