New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics NBA Free Pick
Date/Time: Thursday, Jan.24, 8 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Boston +1
NBA Betting Trends
New York Knicks
- New York is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Boston
- New York is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Boston
- New York is 2-11 SU in its last 13 games when playing Boston
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New York’s last 5 games when playing Boston
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New York’s last 5 games
- Boston is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against New York
- Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against New York
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games when playing New York
- Boston is 11-2 SU in its last 13 games when playing New York
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Boston’s last 15 games
New York is only a game and a half out of the top seed in the Eastern Conference but it is taking on water with just two straight-up victories in its last six games. The latest setback, an 88-85 loss to Brooklyn this past Monday as 3.5-point home favorites, dropped the Knicks to 25-14 SU overall and 20-18-1 against the spread. They are 11-8 SU (9-9-1 ATS) on the road this season and the total has now stayed UNDER in four of their last five games.
The wear and tear of playing close to 40 games is starting to take its toll on the oldest team in the NBA. The injury list is starting to grow and a number of key players including Raymond Felton have already missed a substantial amount of games. The team hopes to have Felton back for this weekend but he remains out of the lineup for this game. Overall, the Knicks are averaging 101.1 points a game while giving-up an average of just 96.3 on defense, but they are ranked 26th in the league in rebounds and shooting 44.4 percent from the field.
Age and injury have been issues for Boston as well but it actually comes into this matchup as healthy as it has been all season long. The problem with this team has been consistency especially over the past month with a four-game losing streak followed by a six-game winning streak. That six-game run has now given way to four straight losses that have the Celtics back under .500 for the season at 20-21 SU and a costly 14-24-3 ATS. They are 13-8 SU at home but just 8-11-2 ATS. The total has stayed UNDER in five of their last seven games.
The key matchup in Thursday’s contest will be Boston forward Kevin Garnett verse the Knicks Carmelo Anthony. These two got into it the last time the two teams met and some bad blood may still remain. The Celtics will also need a big night from Paul Pierce, who leads the team in scoring with 18.9 points a game. Overall, Boston is ranked 23rd in the league with 94.9 points a game while shooting 45.9 percent from the field and 33.9 percent from three-point range.
Neither team comes into this matchup in solid form, but the advantage goes to Boston playing at home. It has won eight of the last 10 meetings SU and is 5-2 ATS in the last seven games. The Celtics won the first meeting this season 102-96 as 7.5-point underdogs on the road and look for them to post another SU victory at home.
Boston 92 New York 87
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- 2013 – 2104 BCS Title Odds against the Field - May 18, 2013
- 2013 NFL Rookie of the Year Futures Odds - May 17, 2013
- Ottawa Senators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins Game 2 Free NHL Pick - May 17, 2013
- Indiana Pacers vs. New York Knicks Game 5 Free NBA Pick - May 16, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Game 5 Free NBA Pick - May 15, 2013