San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks NBA Free Pick
Date/Time: Friday, Jan.25, 8 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet Sportsbook
Point Spread: San Antonio -4
NBA Betting Trends
San Antonio Spurs
- San Antonio is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games when playing on the road against Dallas
- San Antonio is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games when playing Dallas
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of San Antonio’s last 15 games when playing Dallas
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Antonio’s last 5 games on the road
- San Antonio is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Dallas is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against San Antonio
- Dallas is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games when playing at home against San Antonio
- Dallas is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Dallas’s last 6 games
- Dallas is 7-14 SU in its last 21 games
San Antonio has reeled-off six straight victories to move into a tie atop the Western Conference with an overall record of 34-11 which includes a solid 15-9 record on the road. The Spurs have not been nearly as good to wager on lately with a 3-6 record against the spread in their last nine games, but they are still 25-19-1 ATS overall. Their record on the road ATS is 13-11 and the total has stayed UNDER in eight of their last 10 games.
Injuries have been a concern for San Antonio this season and while Manu Ginobili is back in the lineup after missing three games with a hamstring injury, Tim Duncan remains out for Friday night with a sore knee. None the less, this team is still ranked third in the NBA in scoring with 104.1 points a game and holding its opponents to 96 points, which is the ninth lowest total in the league. The Spurs are also the second-best shooting team with a field goal percentage of 48.6 from the floor and 38.1 percent from three-point range.
This season has been a rough ride for Dallas, but with five wins in its last six games including a 111-105 victory over Orlando this past Monday as a 3.5-point road favorite there is hope for the future. The Mavericks are still well below .500 at 18-24 SU but remain profitable ATS at 23-19. They are 11-8 SU (10-9 ATS) at home this season and the total has stayed UNDER in three of their last five games played at the American Airlines Center.
Dirk Nowitzki missed the majority of the season while recovering from knee surgery, but is quickly returning to form with an average 13.9 points and 5.6 rebounds in his first 15 games back. The team as a whole is doing a great job of lighting up the scoreboard lately with 100 or more points in its last six games and remains the 10th-highest scoring team in the NBA. All the problems for the Mavericks have been on defense where they are giving-up an average of 102.9 points a game to their opponents.
The Spurs absolutely hammered Dallas the first two times these two played this season by a combined total of 63 points. Despite the fact that they are 7-2 SU and 8-1 ATS in the last nine meetings they could be walking into a trap this time around. The Mavericks are playing much better and need this win much more than San Antonio does. While they probably will not come out on top SU, bank on them covering at home with the four points.
San Antonio 106 Dallas 104
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- MLB Pick: Los Angeles Dodgers vs. New York Yankees - June 19, 2013
- NBA Finals Pick: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6 - June 18, 2013
- MLB Pick: Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals - June 17, 2013
- Free MLB Pick: San Francisco Giants vs. Atlanta Braves - June 16, 2013
- NBA Finals Pick: Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 5 - June 16, 2013