Oklahoma vs Kansas Pick
College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: Saturday January 25, 1:00 pm EST
College Basketball Odds from Sportsbook.AG
Point Spread: TBD
Basketball Betting Game Trends
- Oklahoma is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Kansas
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oklahoma’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Kansas
- Oklahoma is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Kansas
- Oklahoma is 4-13 SU in its last 17 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kansas’s last 6 games when playing at home against Oklahoma
- Kansas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Oklahoma
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Kansas’s last 6 games when playing Oklahoma
- Kansas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Oklahoma
- Kansas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Kansas’s last 6 games
NCAA Basketball Pick
It’s a key early season Big 12 matchup when the Oklahoma Sooners (4-1, 13-4) travel to Lawrence to meet the #3 ranked Kansas Jayhawks (5-0, 17-1). The “Phog” Allen Fieldhouse, which seats 16,300 screaming fans, is one of the best venues in all of college basketball. Opponents may disagree as it is not kind to visiting teams. This is one of the of the toughest places in all of sports for the visitors to win.
Kansas is coming into this game off of a big win versus in state rival Kansas State. The Jayhawks balanced scoring attack was lead by Travis Releford who had 12 points. Ben McLemore chipped in with 11 points and big man Jeff Withey also had 11 points and grabbed 10 boards. The inside presence of Withey and outside presence of sharpshooter McLemore are one of the main reasons the Jayhawks find themselves near the top of the current rankings. They will be counted on again against a hungry Oklahoma squad.
Oklahoma enters this contest off of a big win against Red River Rival Texas. Romero Osby was the main man in this game as he scored a career high 29 points. Amath M’Baye scored 15 points which included some pump me up dunks. They will need more of the same in order to beat Kansas at the “Phog”. A big effort will also be needed from Steven Pledger who is averaging 11 points per game this season.
So what exactly is going to happen in Lawrence on Saturday afternoon? There is no doubt that Lon Kruger has done a fantastic job turning this Oklahoma program around. They were just 15-16 last season and this year they find themselves just 2 wins away from that number after just 17 games. Currently you will hear Kruger’s name mentioned around Coach of the Year talk. He will need a great coaching effort for his team to come out with a win against Kansas. Oklahoma does have a chance with Osby and the athletic M’Baye. Both of these guys are going to be tough for Kansas to handle. However, Kansas is the #3 ranked team for a reason and at home they are almost unbeatable. The defensive presence of big man Withey and the experience of fellow senior Releford is going to be too much of an obstacle for this up and coming Oklahoma squad. Kansas wins but it will be an entertaining and close game.
Pick: Kansas 62 Oklahoma 56
Latest posts by Cole Ryan (see all)
- NBA Playoff Odds – Underdog Grizzlies See Opportunity in Game 1 at San Antonio - May 19, 2013
- Sportsbook.ag 100% match bet promo for the Preakness - May 17, 2013
- Bookmaker Casino – 100% Slots Bonus - May 16, 2013
- StanJames No Deposit Required 5 Free Spins All New Players - May 16, 2013
- Coral Free £/€50 Bet - May 15, 2013