Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers NBA Free Pick
Date/Time: Friday, Feb.1, 7 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Miami -2.5
NBA Betting Trends
- Miami is 6-19 SU in its last 25 games when playing on the road against Indiana
- Miami is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Indiana
- Miami is 13-5 SU in its last 18 games when playing Indiana
- Miami is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- Miami is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Indiana is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games when playing at home against Miami
- Indiana is 19-6 SU in its last 25 games when playing at home against Miami
- Indiana is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Indiana is 5-13 SU in its last 18 games when playing Miami
- Indiana is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games when playing at home against Miami
Miami may only be 11-10 straight-up (9-12 against the spread) on the road this season, but it got its record over .500 in impressive fashion with a 105-85 beatdown of Brooklyn this past Wednesday night as a 2.5-point road favorite. The Heat are now 29-13 SU on the year and 21-21 ATS. The total stayed UNDER the 191 line against the Nets after it had gone OVER in five of their previous seven games.
In order to keep things going halfway through this current four-game road trip, Miami is going to have to come close to its season average of 102.7 points and 48.9 percent shooting from the field. The Heat were able to do that against the Nets after being held to less than 100 points in six of their previous seven road games and 40.6 percent shooting in last Sunday’s road loss to Boston. LeBron James pumped-in 24 points and grabbed nine rebounds on Wednesday night which was close to his season average of 26.5 points and 8.6 rebounds a game.
Indiana is happy to be playing this game at home where it is 17-3 SU this year. It went 1-3 in its last road trip before returning home this past Wednesday to rout Detroit 98-79 as an 8.5-point favorite. The Pacers remain four games in back of Miami for the top spot in the East at 27-19 and are 24-22 ATS. They have gone 12-8 ATS at home this season and the total has stayed UNDER in five of their last eight games overall.
The Pacers have five players scoring in double figures led by Paul George’s 17.4 points a game, but as a team they are ranked 29th in the NBA scoring (91.8 points). The real strength of this team lies under the boards with a league-high 45.8 rebounds and a shutdown defense that is holding its opponents to 89.9 points a game. Indiana’s chances in this game revolve around its ability to match these numbers against the potent Miami attack.
The Heat are coming off perhaps their most dominant win on the road this season against a quality team, but I am not sure they will be able to put forth that kind of effort again on Friday night. The Pacers won the first game in this series this season in early January by 10 points as two-point underdogs at home. Things will be closer this time around but bank on Indiana coming away with another SU win. Indiana 93 Miami 89
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Game 1 Free NBA Pick - May 21, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 20, 2013
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detroit Red Wings Game 3 Odds - May 20, 2013
- 2013 – 2104 BCS Title Odds against the Field - May 18, 2013
- 2013 NFL Rookie of the Year Futures Odds - May 17, 2013