Dallas Stars vs Colorado Avalanche Pick
Stars vs Avalanche NHL Pick
Probable Goalies: Dallas (Lehtonen) vs. Colorado (Varlamov)
Date/Time: February 4th, 9:00 PM ET
Television: NBC Sports Network
NHL Betting Odds from Bookmaker Sportsbook
Moneyline: Colorado -140
NHL Betting Game Trends
- Dallas is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games when playing on the road against Colorado
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Dallas’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Colorado
- Dallas is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Colorado
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Dallas’s last 5 games when playing Colorado
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Dallas’s last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Colorado’s last 5 games when playing at home against Dallas
- Colorado is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games when playing at home against Dallas
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Colorado’s last 5 games when playing Dallas
- Colorado is 5-10 SU in its last 15 games
- Colorado is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Dallas
The Dallas Stars and the Colorado Avalanche both have gotten off to rough starts to their season, and both are going to hope to log two points to help out their cause on Monday night when they meet in NHL betting action.
The Stars are the outfit really sliding right now. The team has just one win since January 22nd, a 4-3 win in a shootout against the Phoenix Coyotes on February 1st. If you take the two home games against the Coyotes out of the equation (two of the team’s three wins this year), there have been just nine goals scored for the other seven games on the campaign. The offense just has to do better than this. Men like LW Ray Whitney and RW Jaromir Jagr were brought to town to put some goals on the board, and between them, there are only 11 points to show for eight games worth of work. Whitney is now on IR with a lower body injury and won’t play in this one. The goaltending has been stellar for most of the year, but G Kari Lehtonen can’t be counted upon for the entire season to try to keep this team above water. Lehtonen has faced 226 shots over the course of his seven games, and that just isn’t going to cut it. It really takes credence away from that .924 save percentage that he has.
The Avalanche have already been bitten by the injury bug this year, as they lost RW Steve Downie for the season with a knee injury just two weeks ago. He would have been a key cog on the power play, and the unit is really struggling without him. Colorado has logged just two power play goals all year long, and the 7.4 percent conversion rate on the man advantage is the worst mark in hockey. RW PA Parenteau has been a great addition to the club this year, as he has six goals and a pair of assists to show for his work early on in the season. He, C John Mitchell, and C Matt Duchene are a combined +23 on the season. However, the team continues to really struggle in the pipes. G Semyon Varlamov has a 3-4 mark on the season, and though he has a very solid 2.41 GAA, he is only stopping 91.9 percent of his shots, which might not be good enough at this level.
The Avalanche are the hotter club with back to back wins, and they have nine goals scored over the course of their last two games. Colorado is a perfect 3-0-0 at home, while Dallas is a pitiful 1-4-0 on the road, and that’s why we think it’s a great idea to lay the -140 with the hosts.
NHL Pick: Dallas Stars @ Colorado Avalanche Pick: Colorado Avalanche -140
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Kings vs. Sharks Game 4 Picks - May 21, 2013
- Nationals vs. Giants Picks 5/21/13 - May 21, 2013
- Yankees vs. Orioles Pick 5/20/13 - May 20, 2013
- Blackhawks vs. Red Wings Game 3 Pick - May 20, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 1 Pick - May 19, 2013