Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics Free NBA Pick
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Boston Celtics NBA Picks
Date/Time: Thursday, Feb.7, 7:30 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Boston -4.5
NBA Betting Trends
Los Angeles Lakers
- LA Lakers are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games when playing on the road against Boston
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of the LA Lakers last 5 games when playing on the road against Boston
- LA Lakers are 7-15-1 ATS in their last 23 games when playing Boston
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of the LA Lakers last 9 games when playing Boston
- LA Lakers are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing Boston
- Boston is 2-5 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against LA Lakers
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boston’s last 5 games when playing at home against LA Lakers
- Boston is 15-7-1 ATS in their last 23 games when playing LA Lakers
- Boston is 2-4-1 ATS in their last 7 games when playing at home against LA Lakers
- Boston is 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing LA Lakers
The Lakers continued their current seven-game road trip with a stunning 92-83 victory over Brooklyn this past Tuesday night as four-point underdogs. They are now 3-1 in the first four games of this trip but still 8-16 on the road overall. The win pushed Los Angeles’ overall record to 23-26 straight-up and 20-28-1 against the spread. It has gone just 8-15-1 ATS on the road this season and the total has now stayed UNDER in five of its last seven games overall.
The encouraging thing about Tuesday’s win was the Lakers won on the road without Dwight Howard or Metta World Peace in the lineup. Howard and Pau Gasol remain questionable for this game with lingering injuries but Peace was out due to a one-game suspension and should be back in the lineup Thursday night. The new team approach for LA appears to be working with a much more balanced attack, but you get the feeling that it is going to need a big night from Kobe Bryant to win this contest.
Boston is clinging to the eighth and final playoff spot in the East with an overall record of 24-23 SU but it has been costly to wager on with an 18-26-3 record ATS. The Celtics have gone a perfect 4-0 since Rajon Rondo was lost for the season with a torn ACL including a 106-104 victory over Los Angeles’ other team the Clippers as one-point home underdogs this past Sunday. The total has gone OVER in three of their last five games.
The Celtics are averaging 95.5 points a game this season but have been able to bump that up to 102.6 points over their last five games. This new found offense continues to be led by Paul Pierce, who dumped in 22 points against the Clippers and is averaging a team-high 18.6 points a game.
In a matchup between two of the most storied franchises in NBA history, the only thing that either team is thinking about is getting out of this game with a win. Both have finally been able to develop some consistency in what has been a frustrating season, but you have to stick with Boston to keep its current momentum going, especially with the home court advantage.
Boston 98 Los Angeles 92
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- MLB Pick: Los Angeles Dodgers vs. New York Yankees - June 19, 2013
- NBA Finals Pick: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6 - June 18, 2013
- MLB Pick: Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals - June 17, 2013
- Free MLB Pick: San Francisco Giants vs. Atlanta Braves - June 16, 2013
- NBA Finals Pick: Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 5 - June 16, 2013