Michigan vs. Michigan State Pick
Michigan vs. Michigan State Basketball Pick
Date/Time: February 12th, 9:00 pm ET
College Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Michigan -1
Basketball Betting Game Trends
- Michigan is 1-12 SU in its last 13 games when playing on the road against Michigan State
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Michigan’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Michigan State
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Michigan’s last 9 games on the road
- Michigan is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Michigan State
- Michigan is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games on the road
Michigan State Spartans
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Michigan State’s last 5 games when playing at home against Michigan
- Michigan State is 12-1 SU in its last 13 games when playing at home against Michigan
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Michigan State’s last 8 games when playing Michigan
- Michigan State is 19-6 SU in its last 25 games when playing Michigan
- Michigan State is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Michigan
NCAA Basketball Pick – February 12th
Rivals from the Mitten are going to meet for some college basketball betting action on Tuesday night in a Top 10 showdown between the Michigan Wolverines and the Michigan State Spartans.
The importance of this game cannot be understated for Michigan. The Wolverines have had a terrible time playing against the best teams on their slate this year, and they are going to be in a heck of a lot of trouble if they don’t figure out how to get one of these. These are the types of teams that you have to beat in the NCAA Tournament, and if the job isn’t getting done here, it isn’t getting done in the dance either. Big Blue has to really be careful in this one as well, as the games have been very rough over the course of the last two weeks, with a road game at Indiana and a pair of overtime games against very physical teams from Ohio State and Wisconsin. The offense, which averages nearly 80 points per game, has been stymied of late, averaging just 70.2 points per game and 64.8 points per 40 minutes. Those are stats that are going to get you buried against the best teams in the land, and it shouldn’t be any surprise that Michigan is coming into this one on a three-game ATS slide as a result.
Meanwhile, Michigan State has its sights set on a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament, and winning a game like this one would go a long way in procuring just that. The Spartans have rolled right through their competition here in the Big Ten, and the only loss that they have suffered since the start of the calendar year came on the road at the Indiana Hoosiers. Even that game was one that MSU was able to cover, and the team is now 6-3-1 ATS since January 5th. It doesn’t seem to matter the style of game that the Spartans are forced into play either. They were able to run with the Illinois Fighting Illini and Penn State Nittany Lions, and they were able to go to the Kohl Center and beat the Wisconsin Badgers 49-47. That’s just the way that Head Coach Tom Izzo has his team operating, and it’s why this is a 20+ win team once again this year.
The home team has won and covered three in a row in this series, and there is just no reason to believe that that won’t be the case again in this one. The oddsmakers just have this game flat out lined incorrectly. The Spartans should be laying at least three or four points, and we think that that is going to be right around the margin of victory on Tuesday night. Michigan State 69 – Michigan 65