Chicago Bulls vs. Boston Celtics NBA Free Pick
Denver Nuggets vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Pick
Date/Time: Wednesday, Feb. 13, 7:30 p.m. (ET)
Television: NBA TV
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Boston -1
NBA Betting Trends
- Chicago is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Boston
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chicago’s last 6 games when playing Boston
- Chicago is 13-6 SU in its last 19 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Chicago’s last 10 games on the road
- Chicago is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- Boston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Chicago
- Boston is 11-4 SU in its last 15 games when playing at home against Chicago
- Boston is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Chicago
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Boston’s last 12 games when playing at home against Chicago
- Boston is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Chicago
Chicago finds itself at a crossroads in this regular season showdown. On one hand, it is just a half a game behind Indiana for the lead in the Central Division, but on the other, it has gone 5-5 straight-up in its last 10 games. The Bulls might be able to keep things together until Derrick Rose’s expected return some time after this weekend’s All-Star break, but that will not help them on Wednesday night. Overall, they are 30-21 straight-up on the year and 21-30 against the spread. Chicago has played well on the road so far with a 15-9 SU (14-10 ATS) record and the total has gone OVER in three of its last four games.
The biggest cracks in this team recently have been on the defensive end of the court. The Bulls are ranked third in the league in points allowed (91.9) but they have been burnt for 100 or more points in three of their last four games. This has only made things tougher for an offense that is ranked 26th in the NBA in scoring with an average of 93.6 points a game.
The Celtics vowed to make it a total team effort from here on in once Rajon Rondo went down with a torn ACL and until Monday night’s 94-91 loss to Charlotte as 4.5-point road favorites they were getting it done with seven-straight wins. During their last nine games, Boston ramped up its offense by scoring over 104 points a game after averaging 96.3 points on the year.
It comes into this matchup 27-24 SU and 21-27-3 ATS overall and a solid 19-9 SU and 14-12-2 ATS at home. The total stayed UNDER the 191-point line this past Monday night against the Bobcats after going OVER in its previous four games. The Celtics have also been able to tighten things up on defense with Rondo out of the lineup. They are giving-up an average of 96.3 points a game this season, but have been able to hold their opponents under that total in five of their last seven games.
Chicago won the first meeting this season 100-99 in overtime as a two-point road underdog with the total going OVER the 181.5-point line. This time around it is Boston’s time to shine as it quickly gets back to its winning ways with a victory at home that covers the 2.5-point spread.
Boston 96 Chicago 93
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- San Antonio Spurs vs. Memphis Grizzlies Game 3 Free NBA Pick - May 25, 2013
- Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 24, 2013
- Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Game 1 Free NBA Pick - May 21, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 20, 2013
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detroit Red Wings Game 3 Odds - May 20, 2013