Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Free NBA Pick
Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder NBA Pick
Date/Time: Thursday, Feb.14, 8 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet Sportsbook
Point Spread: Oklahoma City -4.5
NBA Betting Trends
- Miami is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
- Miami is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Miami is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Oklahoma City
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Miami’s last 11 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Miami’s last 5 games
Oklahoma City Thunder
- Oklahoma City is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games when playing at home against Miami
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Oklahoma City’s last 11 games when playing at home against Miami
- Oklahoma City is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games when playing at home against Miami
- Oklahoma City is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Miami
- Oklahoma City is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Miami
If there was ever any question about LeBron James’ MVP credentials they should have all been answered given his performance over the past six games. In Miami’s 117-104 victory over Portland on Tuesday night as an 11-point home favorite, he scored more than 30 points while shooting at least 60 percent from the field for the sixth-straight game to set a new NBA record. During this amazing run, the Heat are 6-0 straight-up and 4-2 against the spread.
They now head back on the road where they have struggled at times this season with an overall record of 12-11 SU (10-13 ATS). In a recent four-game road trip they went just 2-2 SU and ATS. The total has gone OVER in five of their last seven games overall. Overall, Miami is still one of the highest scoring teams in the league with an average of 103.1 points a game while shooting 49.4 percent from the floor and 38.6 percent from three-point range.
The Thunder come into this potential NBA Finals preview fresh off a 109-94 loss to Utah as 5.5-point favorites on the road. Perhaps they got caught looking ahead to Thursday’s showdown considering they had won their previous four games both SU and ATS. Overall, Oklahoma City is 39-13 SU and a profitable 31-19-2 ATS. It remains one of the best home teams in the league at 23-3 SU and 18-8 ATS. The total has gone OVER in five of its last seven games.
Look for both Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook to elevate their games in an effort to outshine James in what should be a very high scoring affair. Durant leads the Thunder with 29 points a game and Westbrook is chipping-in another 22.5 points and eight assists a game. Kevin Martin has been a welcomed addition off the bench with 15.1 points a game. With scoring firepower like that, it is little wonder that Oklahoma City is ranked second in the NBA with an average of 106.2 points a game.
The first time they met this season Miami came away with a 103-97 win as a 2.5-point home favorite. James’ current form will keep this a back-and-forth battle until the end, but stick with the Thunder to even the score with a tight win at home.
Oklahoma City 108 Miami 105
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- San Antonio Spurs vs. Memphis Grizzlies Game 3 Free NBA Pick - May 25, 2013
- Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 24, 2013
- Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Game 1 Free NBA Pick - May 21, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Free NBA Pick - May 20, 2013
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detroit Red Wings Game 3 Odds - May 20, 2013