San Antonio Spurs vs. Los Angeles Clippers Pick
San Antonio vs. Los Angeles NBA Pick
Date/Time: Thursday, February 21, 10:30 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from Bookmaker
Point Spread: Miami -2.5
NBA Betting Trends
San Antonio Spurs
- The total has gone UNDER in 21 of San Antonio’s last 25 games when playing on the road against LA Clippers
- San Antonio is 12-2 SU in their last 14 games when playing on the road against LA Clippers
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Antonio’s last 5 games when playing LA Clippers
- San Antonio is 21-4 SU in their last 25 games when playing LA Clippers
- San Antonio is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games on the road
Los Angeles Clippers
- The total has gone UNDER in 21 of the LA Clippers last 25 games when playing at home against San Antonio
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of the LA Clippers last 5 games when playing San Antonio
- LA Clippers are 4-21 SU in their last 25 games when playing San Antonio
- LA Clippers are 4-10 ATS in their last 14 games when playing at home against San Antonio
- LA Clippers are 6-14 ATS in their last 20 games when playing San Antonio
It’s a battle between two first place teams tonight in Los Angeles as the San Antonio Spurs travel to “Lob City” to take on the Los Angeles Clippers at the Staples Center. The Spurs swept the Clippers out of the playoffs last year but the Clippers have certainly had the Spurs numbers so far this season. The Clips have taken both meetings earlier this year.
The Spurs come into this meeting off of a win against Sacramento Tuesday night. Tony Parker continued his stellar play in that one with 30 points and 11 assists. Parker has been outstanding in his last five games which have seen him average 29 points and 9 assists. Unfortunately, against the Clippers, Parker has been anything but outstanding. Against the Clippers this season Parker has averaged just 8 points on 39% shooting. He will look to improve those numbers this evening.
The Clippers are finally showing the rest of the country that they are “the” team in LA and no longer “the other” team in LA. They are fun to watch with young superstars such as Chris Paul and Blake Griffin leading the way. The Clips were playing great basketball prior to the all-star break. Their last four games before the break, all wins, were by an average of 16 points. Paul will look to keep his great play against the Spurs going. In the two previous matchups he has averaged 15 points and 10 assists while shooting 54% from the field.
Prediction: This should be a great basketball game tonight in Los Angeles. Both teams are full of superstars and come into the game rested. It’s true that the Clippers have gotten the better of the Spurs this season but the Spurs are a veteran team and it is definitely on their minds. Look for Popovich to focus on rattling Chris Paul’s game. He is one of the best coaches in the NBA and will have something up his sleeve. This will be a hard fought battle but at the end of the day the Spurs will show why they have the best road record in the NBA.
Take the Spurs in a close one 104-101.
Date and Time: 02/21/2013 22:30
Street: 1111 S Figueroa St
Locality: Los Angeles
Latest posts by Cole Ryan (see all)
- BetOnline Offers a $25 Risk Free Bet on the MLB When you Bet Live - June 19, 2013
- Bellator 96: Lawal vs. Petruzelli Pick and Preview - June 18, 2013
- Bellator 96: Sobral vs. Noe Pick and Preview - June 18, 2013
- Worst Money Pitchers in Baseball (Updated 6/18/13) - June 18, 2013
- MLB Pick: LA Dodgers at NY Yankees - June 18, 2013