Memphis Grizzlies vs. Brooklyn Nets Pick
Memphis vs. Brooklyn NBA Pick
Date/Time: February 24th, 7:00 pm EST
Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Check Back Later
Total: Check Back Later
NBA Betting Trends
- Memphis is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Brooklyn
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Memphis’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Brooklyn
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Memphis’s last 6 games when playing Brooklyn
- Memphis is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Memphis’s last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Brooklyn’s last 6 games when playing at home against Memphis
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Brooklyn’s last 6 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Brooklyn’s last 6 games when playing Memphis
- Brooklyn is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Brooklyn’s last 9 games
NBA – February 24th
A pair of great defensive teams are going to get in on in NBA betting action on Sunday night in Gotham City, where the Brooklyn Nets will host the Memphis Grizzlies.
We certainly hope that the Grizzlies were just laughing too hard at the Orlando Magic to care about the outcome of their game on Friday night. Memphis was up against an Orlando team that had exactly seven healthy bodies, just five of which hadn’t fouled out with half of the fourth quarter to play. That being said, the game was close to the end, and Orlando only was beaten by six points. It marked the second straight very ugly game that the Grizzlies played, as they beat the Toronto Raptors by an identical 88-82 score line on Wednesday night as well. The opportunity was there to try to revamp the backcourt for this team at the trade deadline, but alas, Memphis held firm with its team, won’t pay the luxury tax now, and still has a pretty darn good team. Offense is going to be optional for sure for the rest of the year, but come the playoffs, when the games are truly going to count, it is the defense that is going to have to carry the Grizzlies to victory. This unit ranks second in the NBA and has kept five out of six teams to 93 points or fewer.
The Nets are almost quietly playing really strong ball right now. They did lose on Friday to the Houston Rockets, causing them to fall a game and a half behind the New York Knicks, but they are on their way to challenging for the Atlantic Division title down the stretch of the season. The club swept the Milwaukee Bucks out of the blocks of the second half of the campaign, and that was a big home-and-home sweep against an up and coming team that hopes to contend in the postseason. This is one of the best defensive teams in the Eastern Conference as well. Brooklyn is allowing 95.1 points per game this year, ranking fifth in the league, and that’s in spite of the fact that it is allowing teams to shoot a hefty 46.4 percent from the field this season. Keep an eye on the injury report in this one, as G Deron Williams tweaked his ankle on Friday night, while G Joe Johnson sat out with a heel injury. Both are considered questionable for Sunday’s soiree.
Though the Grizzlies are winning, we just aren’t buying what they are selling. They looked terrible in that win against Orlando, and we think that they are going to get whacked, provided that Brooklyn comes into this game at full strength. Brooklyn 99 – Memphis 89
Date and Time: 02/24/2013 19:00
Street: 620 Atlantic Ave