Atlanta Hawks vs. Boston Celtics Free NBA Pick
Date/Time: Friday, March 8, 8 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Boston -4
NBA Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Boston
- Atlanta is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Boston
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Atlanta’s last 12 games when playing Boston
- Atlanta is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing Boston
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston’s last 6 games when playing at home against Atlanta
- Boston is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing at home against Atlanta
- Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Atlanta
- Boston is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing Atlanta
- Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
The Hawks snapped a three-game losing streak this past Wednesday night with a 107-97 thrashing of Philadelphia as 8.5-point home favorites. They are now half a game behind Brooklyn for fourth-place in the Eastern Conference standings at 34-26 straight-up. Atlanta is just 28-30-2 against the spread this season, but it has covered in six of its last eight games. The total stayed UNDER in its previous four games before going OVER the 190-point line against the 76ers.
Al Horford (17.4 points) and Josh Smith (17.1) remain the primary scoring threats on a Hawks’ team that is averaging 97.6 points a game and shooting 46.3 percent from the field. The entire team has been able to elevate their play on the offensive end of the court during a recent six-game road trip by scoring 100 points or more in three of games.
Boston’s 83-81 victory over Indiana on Wednesday night extended its current winning streak to four games. The Celtics closed as nine-point road underdogs against the Pacers and they have now covered the spread in six of their last eight games. This winning streak has them just one game in back of Atlanta in the current standings at 33-27 SU (27-30-3 ATS).Boston is just 15-13-2 ATS at home this season, but it has won 21 of the 30 games SU. Including Wednesday night, the total has stayed UNDER in three of its last five games.
Before putting up just 83 points against Indiana, the Celtics eclipsed their 96.1 point scoring average in four of their previous six games. Paul Pierce continues to lead the way with 18.5 points a game and Kevin Garnett is averaging another 15 points and team-high 7.8 rebounds. Despite the recent surge in points, defense has been and still remains Boston’s biggest strength. It is ranked eighth in the NBA in points allowed; holding its opponents to an average of 95.8 points a game.
Both teams have done a better job at putting points on the board lately, but look for a hard-fought defensive battle in this matchup especially on Boston’s home court. The Celtics use the same exact game plan against Atlanta as it did to get the win over the Pacers and once again it works well enough to grind out a fifth-straight victory by just enough to cover the four points.
Boston 92 Atlanta 88
Date and Time: 03/08/2013 20:00
Street: 100 Legends Way
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- 2013 – 2104 BSC Title Odds against the Field - May 18, 2013
- 2013 NFL Rookie of the Year Futures Odds - May 17, 2013
- Ottawa Senators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins Game 2 Free NHL Pick - May 17, 2013
- Indiana Pacers vs. New York Knicks Game 5 Free NBA Pick - May 16, 2013
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Game 5 Free NBA Pick - May 15, 2013