Utah Jazz vs. New York Knicks Pick
Date/Time: Saturday, March 9, 7:30 pm EST
Television: NBA TV
Basketball Odds from WagerWeb
Point Spread: NL
NBA Betting Trends
- Utah is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against New York
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Utah’s last 13 games when playing on the road against New York
- Utah is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing New York
- Utah is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- Utah is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing New York
New York Knicks
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of New York’s last 13 games when playing at home against Utah
- New York is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Utah
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of New York’s last 9 games at home
- New York is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- New York is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
Carmelo Anthony went down with a knee injury in Monday’s game against Cleveland, and he hasn’t played in the Knicks last three games. Anthony is listed as questionable for this one, and he will likely be a gametime decision. Utah is currently in the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference, but the Lakers are quickly closing in on them. Can Utah put it back together and stay on top in the playoff hunt? The Jazz are just 10-21 on the road this year.
Utah has been always a team that does a lot better in Salt Lake City, but a 10-21 record on the road is tough to overcome and stay in the playoff picture. The Jazz have to find a way to start winning some games away from Energy Solutions Arena. The good news for Utah is the team is finally getting healthy. Mo Williams and Al Jefferson have both gotten back into the lineup over the last couple days. Gordon Hayward is back to almost 100 percent as well after a recent injury. Now that everyone is healthy, it is time for the Jazz to make a push.
Utah has lost five of their last six games overall. Jefferson being out of the lineup has taken away Utah’s biggest strength, which is typically their ability to outscore the opposition in the paint. Paul Millsap is having another good year for the Jazz, and Hayward is quickly become a very good shooting guard for the team. This team needs to develop a little more of an identity and stick with it.
New York is coming off a tough home loss against Oklahoma City on Thursday night. Without Anthony the Knicks really played well in that game, but they couldn’t quite finish the game off. Oklahoma City outscored the Knicks 20-13 in the fourth quarter and escaped Madison Square Garden with a 95-94 win. J.R. Smith had 36 points on 14 out of 29 shooting in the game, but he missed a possible game-winner right as the buzzer went off. Ama’re Stoudemire was just 5 for 16 from the floor in Thursday’s loss. The Knicks need more consistent production from Stoudemire. At times it appears he is ready to breakout, but the next game he generally has an ordinary game. Anthony is the team’s go to guy offensively in the clutch, and they definitely need him back as soon as possible.
New York started the season red hot, but they are getting a ton of pressure from the Brooklyn Nets in the Atlantic Division right now. The Knicks are going to have to step up their defense if they are going to hold on in the Atlantic. Earlier this year, New York was playing solid defense. Lately, the Knicks have been very inconsistent on the defensive end.
The Jazz had to play in Chicago on Friday night, so they’ll be on a difficult back-to-back spot here. I like the Knicks chances of coming out of here with a solid win.
Knicks 102 Jazz 94
Date and Time: 03/09/2013 19:30
Street: 4 Pennsylvania Plaza (8th Avenue & 33rd Street)
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- New York Yankees vs. Baltimore Orioles Pick - May 22, 2013
- MLB Trends for Series Starting 5/20 - May 20, 2013
- Detroit Tigers vs. Texas Rangers Pick - May 19, 2013
- Cincinnati Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies Pick 5/18/13 - May 18, 2013
- MLB Trends for Series Starting 5/17 - May 17, 2013