New York Knicks vs Portland Trailblazers Pick
Date/Time: Thursday, March 14, 10:30 pm EST
Basketball Odds from WagerWeb
Point Spread: Portland -4
NBA Betting Trends
New York Knicks
- New York is 2-9 SU in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Portland
- New York is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games when playing Portland
- New York is 5-11 ATS in its last 16 games
- New York is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New York’s last 5 games on the road
- Portland is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games when playing at home against New York
- Portland is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against New York
- Portland is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games when playing New York
- Portland is 2-5-1 ATS in its last 8 games when playing New York
- Portland is 4-11 SU in its last 15 games
The Portland Trail Blazers host the New York Knicks Thursday at 10:30 PM ET in the second game of TNTs double header.
The Knicks are 38-24 but find themselves catching points against the 29-34 Blazers. The fatigue-factor is a big reason why. This is New York’s second road game in as many nights and its third in four days. Portland has had a day off to rest its legs and prepare.
The Blazers have a losing record on the season, but they are a completely different team at home where they are 20-11. They have won seven of their last 10 at home with the seven wins coming by an average of 6.7 points. They have notable victories against the Indiana Pacers, Los Angeles Clippers and Boston Celtics during this span.
The Knicks are a solid 16-14 on the road but could have trouble against a team that defeated them 105-100 at Madison Square Garden on New Year’s Day. The Blazers led by as many as 19 in the contest and won despite a 45-point performance from Carmelo Anthony. They prevailed behind a balanced attack that saw four players (Damian Lillard, Nicolas Batum, LaMarcus Aldridge, J.J. Hickson) score at least 18 points.
The Knicks are very reliant on the three-point shot. They make an average of 11 threes per game at a 36.8 percent clip. That ranks them ninth in the league in three-point field goal percentage. Their reliance on the three got them in trouble in the first meeting as Portland held them to just 27.0 percent (10 of 37) from beyond the arc. Portland is one of the best in the league at defending the three, ranking fifth in that category by holding opponents to only 34.1 percent.
Amar’e Stoudemire is already out with a knee injury and Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler are expected to join him. Anthony is dealing with a fluid behind his right knee and will not be available to play tonight. Chandler is listed as doubtful after suffering a knee injury in last night’s blowout loss to the Denver Nuggets. Playing on tired legs without Melo and Chandler against a team that defends the three well will make it tough for New York to walk away with a win. I lean with Portland in this one.
Date and Time: 03/14/2013 22:30
Street: 1 N Center Ct St #150
Latest posts by Cole Ryan (see all)
- Brazil vs. Mexico Confederations Cup Pick - June 19, 2013
- NHL Stanley Cup Pick: Blackhawks vs. Bruins Game 4 - June 19, 2013
- BetOnline Offers a $25 Risk Free Bet on the MLB When you Bet Live - June 19, 2013
- Bellator 96: Lawal vs. Petruzelli Pick and Preview - June 18, 2013
- Bellator 96: Sobral vs. Noe Pick and Preview - June 18, 2013