Arizona vs Ohio State March Madness Pick
March Madness Picks
Date/Time: Thursday March 28, 2013 7:47 pm EST
College Basketball Odds from Wagerweb
Point Spread: Ohio State -4
Basketball Betting Game Trends
- Arizona is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 NCAA Tournament games.
- Arizona is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Arizona is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- Arizona is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Arizona is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. Big Ten.
Ohio State Buckeyes
- Ohio State is 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Ohio State is 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- Ohio State is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a S.U. win.
- Ohio State is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
- Ohio State is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 neutral site games.
The second-seeded Ohio State Buckeyes (28-7 straight-up, 20-12-1 against the spread) have become the West Region favorites after No. 1 Gonzaga went down against No. 9 Wichita State last Saturday. Now the Buckeyes must face arguably their toughest test to get back to the Elite Eight when they meet the sixth-seeded Arizona Wildcats (27-7 SU, 16-16 ATS) on Thursday at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.
This Sweet 16 matchup is a battle between the Big Ten and Pac-12 on the latter’s home turf in LA. In fact, Arizona lost the Pac-12 title game at Staples the previous two years before the conference tournament was moved to Las Vegas in 2013. Since losing to UCLA in the Pac-12 semifinals this year, the Wildcats have represented their conference well as one of two league teams (Oregon being the other) in the Sweet 16.
Arizona is coming off a relatively easy 74-51 rout of No. 14 Harvard in the third round on Saturday, facing a second consecutive double-digit seed after beating No. 11 Belmont in the second. The Wildcats obviously benefited greatly from the Crimson’s huge 68-62 upset of No. 3 New Mexico and will have to deal with a team on a completely different level next in Ohio State.
The Buckeyes are one of the hottest teams in the field, winners of 10 straight games, including a conference championship run in the Big Ten. They are an impressive 8-2 ATS during that stretch with the UNDER going 7-3. Ohio State edged No. 10 Iowa State 78-75 on Sunday thanks to point guard Aaron Craft, who took a controversial charge in the final minutes and then hit a game-winning 3-pointer with less than a second remaining.
Craft and leading scorer Deshaun Thomas could be the most dangerous duo left in the Big Dance. Thomas scored a game-high 22 points against the Cyclones on 8-of-14 shooting and combined with Craft to make 11-of-15 from the free-throw line. Craft figures to draw the defensive assignment against Arizona leading scorer Mark Lyons, the Xavier transfer who tied a career-high with 27 points vs. Harvard.
Since neither team has played a Top 25 team yet in the NCAA Tournament, it will be interesting to see how the step up in competition affects them. The Buckeyes definitely played in the better conference during the regular season, and it also may help them that they were involved in a close game against the Cyclones where they had to make several big plays in order to advance.
Ohio State is the better team and will prove that on Thursday with another solid win…
Pick: Ohio State 73, Arizona 65
Latest posts by Vegas Matty (see all)
- Wichita State vs Ohio State NCAA Tournament Pick - March 29, 2013
- Arizona vs Ohio State March Madness Pick - March 27, 2013
- La Salle vs Wichita State Basketball Pick - March 27, 2013
- Mississippi Rebels vs La Salle Explorers NCAA Basketball Pick - March 23, 2013
- Iowa St vs Ohio St NCAA Tournament Pick - March 23, 2013