Atlanta Falcons vs. Philadelphia Eagles Picks
Date/Time: Sunday, October 28, 1:00 pm EST
NFL Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Eagles -2.5
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Atlanta is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Atlanta’s last 9 games on the road
- Atlanta is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Atlanta’s last 9 games when playing Philadelphia
- Philadelphia is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Philadelphia’s last 8 games
- Philadelphia is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games
- Philadelphia is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games at home
- Philadelphia is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
NFL Pick – Week 8
The Atlanta Falcons are the only undefeated team in the NFL. The Philadelphia Eagles may have more pressure on them right now than any other team in the NFL. The Eagles have been good coming off a bye week under Andy Reid, and they’ll need to be very good in this one. Who has the edge in what may be the biggest game of the weekend?
Atlanta is 3-0 at home and 3-0 on the road so far this year. The Falcons have won four of their six games by a touchdown or less. Atlanta has been finding ways to win each game, and that is the sign of a good football team. Matt Ryan is completing 68 percent of his passes this year, which is easily the best mark of his career. Few teams can boast of receiving threats like Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez. Ryan does a nice job spreading the ball around. Michael Turner leads the team in rushing, and the rushing attack has been slightly better than last year. Atlanta is averaging 28.5 points per game.
The Falcons defense has stepped up in a big way so far this season. Atlanta confused Peyton Manning early in the season, and their always-changing defense has been tough for opponents to get a read on this year. The Falcons are only 22nd in the NFL in total defense, but they have been forcing turnovers and holding opponents to field goal attempts rather than touchdowns. Opponents are scoring just 18.8 points per game so far this year.
The Philadelphia Eagles have been able to move the football this year, but they aren’t putting up many points. What has been the problem? The Eagles can’t hold onto the football long enough to get it into the end zone. Turnovers have been a massive problem for this year. Michael Vick is the main culprit at the quarterback position. Vick has thrown eight interceptions in six games, and he is averaging 2.2 turnovers per game by himself when you factor in all of his fumbles. Vick has to take better care of the ball or this team can’t win games. LeSean McCoy’s numbers are down from last year, but he is still a very solid running back. The Eagles are seventh in the NFL in total offense, but 30th in points per game.
Philadelphia’s defense has actually been pretty good this year. The Eagles defense has helped the team pick up three wins despite all their offensive turnover problems. DeMeco Ryans was a nice pickup in the offseason for this team at the linebacker spot. There isn’t a real glaring weakness on this unit, and their pass rush takes some pressure off the secondary. Philadelphia is giving up 20.8 points per contest this season.
Free NFL Pick:
This is an extremely important game for the Eagles, and I think they’ll play their best game of the year. Look for Philadelphia to come out with a hard-fought win here.
Eagles 27 Falcons 20
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Basketball Pick: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions - February 27, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Cal Golden Bears vs. Arizona Wildcats - February 26, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - February 25, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Louisville vs. Cincinnati - February 22, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Michigan State Spartans vs. Purdue Boilermakers - February 20, 2014