Atlanta Falcons vs San Diego Chargers Free NFL Pick
Date/Time: September 23, 4:05 pm EST
NFL Odds from Bookmaker
Point Spread: Chargers -3
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Atlanta is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Atlanta’s last 15 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 7 games
- Atlanta is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing San Diego
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 5 games when playing San Diego
San Diego Chargers
- San Diego is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of San Diego’s last 13 games at home
- San Diego is 17-6 SU in its last 23 games at home
- San Diego is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Atlanta
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Diego’s last 5 games when playing Atlanta
NFL Pick – Week 3
There are only six unbeaten teams left in the NFL, and two of them square off this weekend in San Diego. The Chargers have gotten a horribly slow start year after year for so long, but this year San Diego is off to a quick start. Atlanta held off Denver on Monday Night Football, and the Falcons look like one of the better teams in the NFC. Which team will start 3-0 this season?
Matt Ryan has yet to have any success in the postseason, but it seems like he and the Falcons have a team to do some damage this year. Ryan arguably has the best group of pass catchers in the entire NFL. Julio Jones and Roddy White are both dominating receivers who can get open on almost anyone. In addition, Tony Gonzalez is still one of the most reliable tight ends in the league. Ryan has five touchdowns and zero interceptions and a 70% completion percentage so far this year. Michael Turner was arrested following last week’s win, and he is questionable for this contest. Look for Atlanta to have one of the best offenses in the NFL all year.
Atlanta Falcons defensive coordinator Mike Nolan deserves a ton of credit for the team’s win over Peyton Manning and the Broncos on Monday night. Nolan drew up some of the most interesting defensive schemes that you’ll ever see, and it clearly confused Manning. The Falcons were constantly moving around on defense, and that led to three interceptions in the first nine minutes of the game. If Atlanta keeps disguising its defenses so well, they will be a difficult group to deal with.
It’s shocking to see San Diego off to a fast start, because this is a team that always starts slow and ends the regular season playing well. Norv Turner’s bunch has actually played solid football to start off the year, and now Chargers fans can only hope they’ll continue to improve and play their best again at the end of the year. Phillip Rivers has completed 73.8% of his passes so far this year, and he has four touchdowns compared to just one interception. Ryan Matthews missed the Chargers first two games, but he is expected to be the starting running back this week. Malcolm Floyd has racked up 175 receiving yards in the first two weeks. Antonio Gates missed last week’s game, and he is questionable for this one due to a rib injury.
The Chargers defense has only allowed 41.5 rushing yards per game through the first two weeks. San Diego ranks first in the NFL against the run. The Chargers rank third in the NFL in total defense overall. Opponents are scoring just 12 points per game against the Chargers. Special teams were a huge issue the last couple years, but San Diego has been good on special teams so far this year. If the defense can continue to play this well, the Chargers will be tough this season.
Free NFL Pick: Falcons +3
Atlanta has been the more consistent team over the last couple years, and I really liked what they did on defense this past Monday. I’ll take the underdog in what should be a very tight game.
Atlanta 27 San Diego 24
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Basketball Pick: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions - February 27, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Cal Golden Bears vs. Arizona Wildcats - February 26, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - February 25, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Louisville vs. Cincinnati - February 22, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Michigan State Spartans vs. Purdue Boilermakers - February 20, 2014