Date/Time: Tuesday, March 12, 7:30 p.m. (ET)
Television: NBA TV
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Miami -10
NBA Betting Trends
- Atlanta is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 5 games on the road
- Atlanta is 5-20 SU in its last 25 games when playing on the road against Miami
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Miami
- Atlanta is 7-17-1 ATS in its last 25 games when playing on the road against Miami
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Miami’s last 5 games when playing at home against Atlanta
- Miami is 17-7-1 ATS in its last 25 games when playing at home against Atlanta
- Miami is 20-5 SU in its last 25 games when playing at home against Atlanta
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Miami’s last 5 games when playing Atlanta
- Miami is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Atlanta
The Atlanta Hawks will try and do what no other NBA team has been able to do over the Heat’s last 18 games; win. Making matters worse, they come into this Southeast Division rivalry with a two-game losing streak of their own. The Hawks are now 34-28 straight-up on the season and 28-32-2 against the spread after failing to cover in four of their last six games. Atlanta is 0-4 SU and 1-3 ATS in its last four road games and the total has stayed UNDER in five of its last seven games overall.
It will take a total team effort by the Hawks just to cover with the 10 points in this contest, let alone bring an end to one of the more impressive winning streaks in the NBA in recent memory. Atlanta has lost the last six meetings between the two SU including three previous losses this season in which it also failed to cover the spread. It just does not have the firepower to keep up with Heat with an offense that is averaging 97.4 points a game.
During this 18-game run, Miami has needed overtime once and a couple of last second game-winning shots in regulation to keep it alive, but it continues to find ways to win. One of the Heat’s 18 victories was a 103-90 road victory over the Hawks as 5.5-point favorites on Feb.20. With all of their star power healthy and playing at a high level it is hard to see why anything would be different this time around especially since they are playing this game in the friendly confines of American Airlines Arena.
The raw numbers alone paint a huge mismatch with Miami averaging 103.5 points a game while shooting 49.6 percent from the field and 38.8 percent from three-point range. The Heat can simply decide to outscore you, but they also have one of the better defenses in the league that is ranked ninth in points allowed (96.2).
The current form of each of these teams suggests that Miami should reach 19 straight wins with relative ease. The Hawks have a red check next to their names in comparison to Miami in just about every category on the board and while they will certainly play hard to try and keep things close, they once again come up woefully short on the scoreboard.
Miami 104 Atlanta 92
DJ is a freelance writer that concentrates on his true passion in life; the world of sports. He produces a number of articles each week for BangTheBook.com as well as a select group of other websites that specialize in providing the most up-to-date information for the sports gaming industry. His goal is to write insightful articles on a wide variety of sporting topics that can provide an edge to today's sophisticated online player.