Baltimore Orioles at New York Yankees Pick
Starting Pitchers: Tillman (Orioles) vs. Nova (Yankees)
Date/Time: Tuesday, July 31 7:05 p.m. (ET)
Television: MLB Network
MLB Odds from VietBet
Moneyline: Baltimore +155 New York -170
MLB Betting Game Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Baltimore’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Baltimore’s last 7 games on the road
- Baltimore is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- Baltimore is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing NY Yankees
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Baltimore’s last 6 games when playing NY Yankees
New York Yankees
- NY Yankees are 3-8 SU in their last 11 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of NY Yankees’s last 14 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 7 games at home
- NY Yankees are 8-4 SU in their last 12 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games when playing Baltimore
Orioles and Yankees continue to battle it out in New York
The Orioles head into this crucial showdown in the AL East with just two victories in their last seven games. At 53-49, they are 7.5 games in back of New York in the division, but just two games out of a wildcard spot for the playoffs. Baltimore is 5-1 in its last six road games and 28-23 on the road overall. The total has stayed ‘under’ in seven of its last nine games.
Baltimore has lacked consistency at the plate in its last seven outings with a total of 21 runs in three of the games while managing just one run in each of the other four. Overall, it is ranked 10th in the AL in scoring with an average of 4.12 runs per game. Chris Tillman is slated to get the start for the Orioles on Tuesday night. The right-hander is 3-1 in four starts with a 1.66 ERA since spending a stint in Triple-A with Norfolk.
New York dropped two of three to Boston over the weekend and now has just three wins in its last 10 games. It still has the best record in the American League at 60-41 and a comfortable lead in the division. The Yankees are 31-19 at home this season and seven of their last 10 games have now stayed ‘under’ the total.
The normally productive Yankees’ lineup has also struggled to consistently produce runs over this recent skid with an average of just 2.86 runs in the seven losses. Fortunately, they will have Ivan Nova on the mound for this game. The right-hander 1-2 in his last seven starts, but 10-4 on the year with an ERA of 4.08. Despite his recent record, he has given-up more than three earned runs just once in his last 10 starts. Nova is 3-1 against the Orioles with a 4.50 ERA.
Stick with New York all the way in Tuesday night’s matchup as not only does Nova keep Baltimore’s bats in check, the Yankees’ lineup finally comes back to life with a strong showing of its own. New York 7 Baltimore 3
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013