Every week here at Bang The Book.com we will break down the top-five college basketball teams in the country. Week in and week out there are monster upsets that are changing the landscape of the college basketball world heading into March Madness. In fact the No. 1 team has lost for five weeks in a row.
Here is a look at the top five teams in the country.
- Indiana Hoosiers — It’s rare that a team stays in the No. 1 spot with a loss during the week, but the Hooisers are just that good. The Hoosiers lost at Illinois but with a resounding win at No. 10 Ohio State, the Hoosiers stay in the top spot.
- Florida Gators — The Florida Gators lost in blowout fashion to the Arkansas Razorbacks or they would easily be the best team in college basketball. The Gators rebounded with a double-digit win against Mississippi State and they once again are at top of the hoop world. The Gators win big on a regular basis and will be a dangerous team in March.
- Duke Blue Devils — Duke is slowly creeping up the rankings again after losing to Miami weeks ago. They may have squeaked by a weak Boston College team, but with coach K at the helm, Duke is a mainstay in the top five.
- Michigan Wolverines — You have to feel bad for the Wolverines. They lost in Madison to the Badgers in overtime after a Hail Mary shot. The Wolverines have lost two out of the last three during a tough schedule stretch. The Wolverines still have the best backcourt in the country and they still have a chance to beat ranked Michigan State.
- Miami Hurricanes — it is time the Miami Hurricanes start getting more credit. This is an experienced team with depth down low. The Canes have won 11 in a row to include two monster wins against ranked Duke and North Carolina State. They recent thumping of the North Carolina Tar Heels shows that the Canes are here to stay.
Cole started off as a part time handicapper and a full time computer programmer. After developing a computer program that consistently provided winners in NFL, NBA, MLB, and college sports Cole went into full time handicapping. The computer program and his knack for winners made him a rising star in the handicapping world. His complex computer program based on algorithms and analytical calculations have led to a 60% ATS rate.